Audi Chorus I

Daskiller

Hello,

Recently I've changed a fuse which was for my Audi Chorus... after that on the display apperead "SAFE". Until I realised that I have to enter the unlocking code. I entered 2 wrong numbers(and I think my dad entered one too). Now on the display appears two vertical lines and "SAFE". I found the code on the chorus brochure but now i can't enter the code anymore... No matter how long i keep pressed "TP" an "RDS" buttons nothing happens.. it should appear "1000"... Can tell me someone what should i do ?

Last edited:
You need to leave the car with the ignition switched off for about an hour before you can try another code. On a few cars this extends to having the battery disconnected too.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Daskiller, welcome to the A2oc
There should be instructions in your radio manual.
For my Symphony unit, the unit goes SAFE after two wrong attempts. The unit is then disabled for about 1 hour. After that, reactivate by switching the radio on with the key left in the ignition until the number of unsuccessful attempts shown on the display goes out. (I think this may also take up to 1 hour) It should then be ready to accept the code number.

PS Skipton has beaten me to the post again - I just posted the reply and there was Skipton's answer sent a couple of minutes earlier

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Back