Audi dodgy dealers

kiwi tonka

Bought an Audi A2 with 1 key that fully works & the other that just opens the doors.Audi need to re set the keys ...Previously owned a Skoda & they charge £35 incl labour(20 minute job) .If you want an extra key its something like £20. Bexley Audi charge £70 & reckon it takes half to 1 hour .Booked it in & waited 40 minutes & they hadnt even touched the car, asked for the keys back & left.Rang another Audi dealer & they will do it for £45 & take 20 minutes.Iwould expect AUDI to be close to the same price across the dealers (seems some dealers are out for every penny they can ) .Thought the prices would be high as previously owned an A4 & 80.BUT THIS IS A JOKE .Replacing the Temperature Sender Unit costs from £70 - £189 depending on the dealer.Doing it myself costs £29...go figure!

Kiwi Tonka - find a decent independent and just avoid the Audi dealer for anything other than 'captive parts'.

For both my Skoda and my Audi I use a good independent garage with trained mechanics who actually think about a problem - and don't JUST rely on diagnostics and replacing parts until the problem goes away.

Their labour rate is £25/hour - the Audi dealers want that much for scratching their head (or worse) for 5 minutes.

Mike

Audi Dealers

Thanx for that , Audi Bromley couldn't code the other key in the end(they reckon it's faulty ) so i need a whole new one at £110 +£60 to re code them both .Decided not to bother now....Getting a local mechanic to do the Temperature Sender Unit work at a lot lower price...thanx for the advice!

Back