Audi Driver International 2006

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi folks,

I am doing some forward planning to see how many people would be interested in attending this year's Audi Driver International event on Saturday October 14.

Once again it will be taking place at Castle Combe race circuit in Wiltshire.

This year, we were looking to better all previous attendance records - the images of which can be seen here:

http://www.a2oc.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=20

However - the organisers have said that they can only provide space for 10 A2s. This is unfortunate, as we could probably have rustled up more vehicles this year. Anyway - if you can make it, let me know, and I'll keep a track of owners that can make it. I'd happily leave my A2 at home if it means that we can get more folk along.

Alternatively, wooly will be drumming up support for other social activities during the year - so hopefully will will all be able to meet up somewhere.

You've got 9 months notice. If you look at the Googlemap - Castle Combe is fairly well located to be reachable by most of our members. Those of you coming further afield can usually find plenty of accomodation locally.

The A2OC should make more of an impression at the event this. Some suggestions for things that we could bring along include:

- Mini-marquees, trestle tables and chairs/beanbags
- Games
- VAG-COM diagnostics check
- Merchandise sales
- A2 Photo gallery
- Cruise Control retro fitting (if Skipton is up for it ;) )
- (Any other mods)

If you have any other ideas - post them here.

For further information about Audi Driver International see their web site:

www.audidriverinternational.co.uk

Or ring them on: 01525 750 500

If you are able to attend - please visit the following page and click on the appropriate link at the bottom of the text:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-10-14;&e=2&c=1

Let's see if we can beat our previous best attendance record!

Audi driver international 2006

I'll be there, chemo and big C permitting. I'm sure that Peter will bring the A2 down anyway, we really enjoy the day and the company.
For those who know me, the latest verdict (after a years worth of weekly chemo) is that the cancer is stable. This must be good news as it hasn't got worse, or better. This year at Castle Combe will celebrate (if that's the word) 10 continuous years of chemotherapy etc., etc.
I hope to see Wooly, Shezlee, and all other locals when I occupy my country seat, OK it's a caravan, in Chippenham this year.

nice...

I'd be very interested. I'm not far from Castle Combe (no excuse really!) so if it's held there again, I'll be on for it.
I have raced around the track in a Renault 5 Gt turbo, many years ago! (1989!) I remember the 2nd or 3rd right-hander being quite quick! :) Don't hold me to that though!
Anyway, it's the A2s and more interesting stuff that's worth going to see! It'd be good to see a professional driver going round sideways in a group B rally car!
Here's looking forward to some major tyre-smoke! :D

Mike... BST is:

Sunday 26th March 2006 1am GMT until
Sunday 29th October 2006 1am GMT

Hi Ben,
I would hope to come though my son's birthday is that day but hopefully we can rearrange that ;-)
Alan

i'll be coming down and i'll bring my vag-com and laptop, hopefully i shall have the hex-usb+can, if not the pro version which you'll all be free to use.

If anyone wants i can also bring my car power adapter if a mains plug is available for people to use the playstation or demo the sound system

Last edited:
Please can you note the change in admission for this event. Due to the popularity of the event, the organisers are limiting club stands to 10 cars each. There will be parking for other vehicles attending - so there is no reason that you shouldn't come along regardless ;) However, only the 10 cars registered would be eligable for the track drive around (So, if we get 4 people per registered car, that means at least 40 of us can go along - 50 if we have the bench seats ;) )

If enough people show an interest i am willing to Give up my space on Club Display and park in the general car park would be nice to see some of the new guys turn up this year .....I Will reserve 10 places for us know .........

Maybe we should focus on promoting this event now. There are probably a lot of new members who are not aware of the venue.
It's a long way from 'up north' but i'll try and be there this year.

Cheers Spike

I'll be there - enjoyed it so much last year (apart from the prat who crashed the S4 into the TT then did a runner!).

The Tank will be all nice and shiny, with RNS-E at the ready! If anyone wants to double-up and get a cruise done at the same time, just let me know.

Cheers,

Mike

2004 was a very good event, sorry I couldn't make 2005. I'll definitely be there this year but not sure whether to take our A2 or TT ~ oops! probably get sacked if I take the TT. Really though, I would like to reserve a place as an A2 is much rarer than a TT.
Johann has some pics of 2004 somewhere.

Last edited:
Back