Audi Interim service £99?

manhattan$

Past Member
Can anyone tell me what Audi's interim service consists of?

Is it just a oil and filter change? I have a TDi that is due a service in 1600 miles, it is at 53k and has had a service at 20k and 40k from what i can remember from the service book.

Cheers.

Can anyone tell me what Audi's interim service consists of?

Is it just a oil and filter change? I have a TDi that is due a service in 1600 miles, it is at 53k and has had a service at 20k and 40k from what i can remember from the service book.

Cheers.

Pretty sure this is just an oil and filter change. Reckon you could save yourself £40 by doing it yourself. Genuine VAG oil filter and 'o' ring is £5.55, but oil is the killer. Go for Castrol Edge 5w30 fully synthetic and you can expect to pay around £50. Takes 4.5 litres (1.4 TDi - 75PS). You need to drop the plastic engine tray (from memory it's a small hex bit with numerous self-tappers). The original sump bolt has an integrated washer. Should be okay to reuse. Audi charge a few quid if you want to replace. I used to source the oil from Matt Lewis Motorsport on Ebay, however he hasn't had the right oil on offer lately. Used to get 8 litres for £60 (including postage):)

One last thing - is Audi will reset your service on the DIS. I've got used to seeing the spanner icon for ages - makes me smile every time I pass an Audi main dealer!

My local independant Audi Garage that i have been using for the past 5yrs is supplying all my filters with genuine parts, and with the recommended oil to do my intrim service for £150.00. Going to do my FSD setup at the same time, they said it would cost me an extra £100 to fit those. Just got all the top mount bits and bump stops on order!

:cool:

Back