Audi MOT

Sumdge

Hi one and all just to let the members know, just Pre-booked my free MOT online with Audi, so will let you know what happens, not due till Sept but the point i am trying to make is the offer is valid to 19/07/2010 which is a mighty long time.

I've got me free MOT tomorrow, so i'll report on how it goes.

Am checking car over tonight to make sure all is in order so they wont pester me for extra work

John

Car back from MOT with Audi and it passed no probs.

They have issued an advisory notice as long as my arm and the quote to sort the advisory notice problems, which comes in well over £1000 lol....

I happily said I would sort them myself lol

The only real fuss they made was on my LED side lights. They are classed as super white and are a cluster of 6 led's, but Audi made me pay £2.30 for candle side lights because they were adament that they were blue, which are illegal.

Although I know they are white i didnt see the point in arguing over £2.30.

Other than that all good, and they were very polite and friendly. Thumbs up for Wayside Audi in MK

John

No surprise there then!

I've replied to your PM John, but for the benefit of all, please watch out for burning and discolouration of the sidelight housings (those clear tubes) when replacement bulbs are fitted.

From the factory, they were fitted with 3 watt bulbs, which are fine. However, Audi no longer stock them now so fit 5 watt replacements, which will in time, burn the plastic, making it brown and brittle.

Rather than risk this, I would urge all owners to fit white LED replacements, preferably E marked if possible

Cheers,

Mike

Back