Audi new car warranty

old git

Does anyone have experience of a major rattle on their car,being examined at the first service, with one year of Audi warranty left, and being told that there is a caveat in that if when they strip the car down to find the rattle, if something hasn't failed then I will be liable to a maximum charge of two hours labour. ie £200 quid. In other words if something has worked loose that's my problem. Can't be right can it?
Rattle is in and around the steering column and was described as major by the mechanic. Car was bought by me, new, at this dealer and has just had it's first service, (£390 ) It has only done just over 12000 miles.
Is this how audi treat their customers?

This is a new (policy) one on me. In my first A2 I had a rattle diagnosed as the wiring loom behind the dash (subsequently a common fault) and it was fixed under warranty no question. A major job as well as the dash had to come out. I bought second hand from the supplying dealer you are in a better position having bought new.

On my current A2 I now have a rattle which I have just diagnosed is prominent when I hold the car on the clutch on a slight incline and sometimes when I let the clutch out. 'Spike' seems to think it is the 'Dual Mass Flywheel' and having researched it he may be right. Nevertheless I will be trying for it to be investigated under warranty

As I understand it, a warranty is like an insurance policy.

Each time the policy is claimed against, the insurers pay out to the dealers, meaning more business for them.

I have had to leave the car in for a minor oil leak problem while under warranty. They have agreed to fix it on warranty, changed the remote lock fob on the key under warranty and will be offering me an Audi courtesy car for two days when I go back on the 26th.

I got the impression that if there is the slightest justification to do anything under warranty, the garage will jump at it as they will be paid for it.

Quite, so why this attitude over something which is undoubtedly a build problem? Surely the dealer won't have to pay a jot.

Audi have now told me that although there is nothing actually in the small print both in my warranty/service book or the new car sales order form, that they reserve the right to make 6,000miles as the point where rattles start to cost money even though the car is totally warranted until 5 nov 2007. But hold on, in my case even though they agree that nothing is written they want me to be a happy customer, and they will now do the job for nothing, nix.
Well dang me. Why didn't they say that in the first place?As for their paperwork it aint worth a sou.
Morale, fight them, don't stand for it.

Whichdealer was it you were dealing with?

Mine are in for a treat next week when Tank goes in for his first service - there are at least two rattles to sort out!

Cheers,

Mike

Karl Heinz went in today and Audi Crawley phoned this evening to say that there was a broken bracket and I wouldn't have to pay a penny. I'm so pleased. Even though Audi UK had already told me that there would be no charge.Crazy.

Picked up Karl Heinz at 5.30pm. Job done, no rattle so far. Guess what ? Car wasn't cleaned outside. I suppose as it was a warranty job and I wasn't parting with any cash they thought, why bother. Very short sighted.
They sure know how to win you over.

old git said:
Picked up Karl Heinz at 5.30pm. Job done, no rattle so far. Guess what ? Car wasn't cleaned outside. I suppose as it was a warranty job and I wasn't parting with any cash they thought, why bother. Very short sighted.
They sure know how to win you over.

My TDI 90 is two years old and Derby Audi still seem more than willing to tackle miscellaneous noises, none of them particularly serious. And they clean the car!

Back