Audi Re-structuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmckie1

You might already know this but I was told today by an employee of an Audi garage that Audi are doing a major re-structuring of the dealerships in Britain. I don't know about England but in Scotland in the near future there will only be 3, very large, Audi dealerships. Ingram Audi in Paisley (where I got my A2) has already ceased to be an Audi franchise (it's becoming Skoda) and their sister dealership in Ayr will cease in about a year.

If this is true I would be careful what dealership you use or plan to use as you might be travelling further very soon if you require any Audi assistance.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

Cheers,

Jamie.

Oh please, let there be a god and my dealer becomes a Lada stockist and I have to take my business elsewhere. Not that I'm bitter...

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Jamie,

Much of this I believe has to do with very recent EU legislation where car dealers cannot be forced by the manufacturers to deal exclusively with one only one make. About a month ago I witnessed an Audi dealer in Kent switch to also handling VW’s. Of course we can all see the link, especially when Audi UK and VW UK both operate from the same building in Milton Keynes. Mind you I have great doubts whether we will ever witness a dealer offering Audi’s and Honda’s.

Part of the same legal flexibilities were that by example an Audi owner would not have to visit an Audi dealer in order to have an oil change, and have their warranty book stamped. The concept was that the car owner would be given many options of where to go. This I regarded as great news to the point of making many Audi dealers less complacent, and hopefully making their charges more competitive, however I have my doubts that this will work because I expect Audi UK will give other multi franchise dealer (or service garages) a very hard time – perhaps to the point of being able to finely control just who can carry out an oil change.

I shall of course be keeping my eyes peeled down at Tesco’s for an offer on a 2kg pack of sausages which offers a FREE oil change on an A2.

Regards
John Disdale

JD - your favorite dealer used to sell Saab, Honda and Mitsubishi from the same showroom only a year or so ago - albeit separated by 4ft high divides.

Of course, they have since stopped selling both Honda and Mitsubishi altogether. Unfortunately for you, they are still very keen on Audi and VW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back