Audi Roof Bars

garywoods

Hi All,

I got the genuine audi roof bars for my a2 fitted them yesterday. I applied the stickers which protect your paint work. They look a bit rubbish when the bars are not on there. What are peoples thoughts as to using the roofbars without these stickers does it damage the paint work when the rubber is tightened up?

Also the seal on the outer of the door does not shut completely with the clamp in place is this normal? does it create any leakage issues or wind noise?

Thanks for your time.

Gary

DON'T USE THE STICKERS!!!

They will in time, ruin your paintwork and if you want to get them off after a period of time has elapsed, you'll find it VERY hard (just PM Alexwharton for more).

As long as you keep the area where the feet go clean and the feet themselves clean you'll be fine and take the bars off when not needed.

The rubber is a little distorted when the bars are in place, but it's completely normal. Expect a little wind noise as a result.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers guys,

I will remove the stickers as soon as I can. I just didnt want to damage the paint work. They do look rubbish.

Gary

Back