Chat Audi tradition orders.

Anyone know how to get round this post Brexit nonsense?
a525e67216aaceb37dadd72afee10223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickmeister has kindly facilitated ordering items and then posting to members in the UK. Sometimes he orders for many members at the same time and then dispatches a one parcel to one member in the UK who then posts the items to all the members.

Hi Alan.

The clue is in the B at the top of your screen when you're writing the message. Very easy to whack by mistake!

I had to send an item to Portugal yesterday. I deliberately haven't posted outside of the UK since brexit, but this part was really needed. FSI down, stuck in Portugal.

I now remember why I don't; 9 pages of paperwork!!!

Hi Alan.

The clue is in the B at the top of your screen when you're writing the message. Very easy to whack by mistake!
In this case the paragraph was formatted as a Heading for some reason, so it was naturally bold and wouldn't accept attempts to remove that.

Hi Alan.

Didn't work. Neither did the Remove Formatting (icon to left of B). The issue comes about when I copy (from another post) a user's ID and then paste it in to the reply thread. Text after the pasted ID then becomes bold.

I might add that the downside of getting someone in the EU to buy from Audi Tradition and then post to the UK is that you can get stung for 2 lots of VAT (German and UK) and even duty. It depends on the value and if the parcel gets the attention of UK Customs. And of course there are 2 lots of postage, though I get the impression from Rick that Audi Tradition has very low domestic postage rates (ex large items).

I think it unlikely Audi Tradition will ever deliver to the UK. Not only the paper work but they have to apply the UK VAT and then send it to HMRC, so that means updating computer systems or doing it manually.

Morning everyone,
Re At orders, the group option has been very helpful for members. We have also been lucky and it is exactly that, as only one parcel has been tagged by the powers that be in the UK. Stuff I order is subject to German VAT at 19% and we pay that.
Almost everything I have ordered has been €6 post to me then between €13 and €27 for onward to the UK. A box of small items sharing the post obviously works very well and conversely, a single item from AT costing say, €2 for a clip, becomes crazy when the post is added.

Some things like a bumper cost more in freight than the item itself and it was fortunate I could put it in the car to the UK and drop it off with the member who ordered. This is because it was delivered by truck, not my day to day postie. I remember enquiring about roof linings and the freight to me was over €200 and when I asked, I can't collect even though I live near to the AT emporium.

Pre-Brexit, one member ordered €750 of items to be sent to him in London. No problem and cost about €25 for a door sized box. Now, I would really have to think about that as post Brexit post has literally doubled. I sent another €500 order for the same member to Italy from Germany and it was a reasonable price and no issues.

Group buy is the way to go and a share of post makes it survivable. Other members have offered to 3d print which is a good solution too but non-oem if that is important.

I won't mention names but I have just been contacted by a UK Audi dealership to get a Guide Tube/Brake Cable for a customer as they can't get it via normal supply routes from AT. AT holds the stock but UK availability is the issue and I don't see AT moving on their "no UK orders" position any time soon. As people have found, a €55 part which can't be sourced from the UK privately, or through official UK Audi Dealerships can literally turn your A2 into a garage ornament, yet the parts exist, new, in a warehouse in Germany.

HTH based on my experience...

And as I have said before, I'm not in the motor trade or connected in any way with Audi, nor do I profit from any of the items I buy for members.

I think it's fantastic that you are offering this service Rick. A martyr to the A2 cause. I know what's involved in tracking multiple orders and it's very time consuming. I'm sure the majority wouldn't mind paying a small handling fee on top of their order in gratitude for the work you are putting in?

I think it's fantastic that you are offering this service Rick. A martyr to the A2 cause. I know what's involved in tracking multiple orders and it's very time consuming. I'm sure the majority wouldn't mind paying a small handling fee on top of their order in gratitude for the work you are putting in?

Honestly I think this would be a very good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning everyone,
Re At orders, the group option has been very helpful for members. We have also been lucky and it is exactly that, as only one parcel has been tagged by the powers that be in the UK. Stuff I order is subject to German VAT at 19% and we pay that.
Almost everything I have ordered has been €6 post to me then between €13 and €27 for onward to the UK. A box of small items sharing the post obviously works very well and conversely, a single item from AT costing say, €2 for a clip, becomes crazy when the post is added.

Some things like a bumper cost more in freight than the item itself and it was fortunate I could put it in the car to the UK and drop it off with the member who ordered. This is because it was delivered by truck, not my day to day postie. I remember enquiring about roof linings and the freight to me was over €200 and when I asked, I can't collect even though I live near to the AT emporium.

Pre-Brexit, one member ordered €750 of items to be sent to him in London. No problem and cost about €25 for a door sized box. Now, I would really have to think about that as post Brexit post has literally doubled. I sent another €500 order for the same member to Italy from Germany and it was a reasonable price and no issues.

Group buy is the way to go and a share of post makes it survivable. Other members have offered to 3d print which is a good solution too but non-oem if that is important.

I won't mention names but I have just been contacted by a UK Audi dealership to get a Guide Tube/Brake Cable for a customer as they can't get it via normal supply routes from AT. AT holds the stock but UK availability is the issue and I don't see AT moving on their "no UK orders" position any time soon. As people have found, a €55 part which can't be sourced from the UK privately, or through official UK Audi Dealerships can literally turn your A2 into a garage ornament, yet the parts exist, new, in a warehouse in Germany.

HTH based on my experience...

And as I have said before, I'm not in the motor trade or connected in any way with Audi, nor do I profit from any of the items I buy for members.

That’s exactly what I have been doing on every order Rick has helped me with. A handling fee is a little gesture to show gratitude for the time and effort Rick puts in every order 🙂

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.

Just as an addendum to the AT situation. There is a box in the order process for an Audi Club International membership number. This would give an additional 10% off the order. I have thought of applying but is anyone already a member?

Someone has to pay for the 50,000 or so non-productive positions for customs agents created by Brexit! Brexit, oh the idiocy of it!

RAB

I bought a new door lock from Audi Tradition a few weeks ago. I used https://mygermany.com/ to buy the part and forward it to me. The price wasn’t stupid and the transaction went smoothly, albeit fairly slow. I’d definitely use them again 👍

Back