Audi TT 16" Alloy Wheel

Bill

Hi everyone,

I have searched through the site looking for information on wheels to fit my 2003 A2 1.4 tdi Sport.

I am considering buying a set of 4 x 16" Audi TT wheels with tyre sizes 185x50x16
and need to know if they will fit my A2.

Speedy replies will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Bill
I searched through some old posts and they indicate the old model TT 17" rims with 5 stud x 100pcd fixing will fit - so the 16" ones should be ok.
As you probably know, the 185x50x16" tyre size is standard on the A2 SE model

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I will try and find out what year TT the wheels and tyres are off?
However, the seller says that the following number is stamped in the middle of the wheels 7J X 16H2 8NO 601 025M.

Does that help to identify whether they will fit my A2?

Thanks.

Last edited:
More to my saga of wheels that will fit my tank - I am now told that the wheels I want to buy are off a 2004 (April) Audi TT 150 roadster - they are 16" and are not 185/50/16 as previously stated. They are 205/50/16 and a photo of one wheel is attached.

Help - Can anyone tell me if they will fit my 2003 Audi A2 1.4TDi Sport?
My A2 currently has original Audi 17" wheels with tyre size 205/40/17.

It really is touch and go on this one.

The tyres stated would give a static diameter of 611mm, as opposed to the 596mm of your current setup.

My wheel/tyre combo (215/40 R 17) gives a diameter of 604mm and that is really pushing things, as Robin will tell you - last time the tracking was checked, the guys at Stealth Racing couldn't get the clamps onto the wheels as there was so little clearance between tyre and body! They had to jack the car up first, then attach the clamps and then lower the car.

It's your shout, all else is fine, but it's a close thing.

Cheers,

Mike

john at stealth has got 8 x18 on his A2 but has rubbed the driver side rear plastic arch a bit when it was four up
you could change the tyres
cheers
robin

over in Germany you'll have problems getting anything bigger than 215/40R17s accepted, depending on the make of tyre (and yes, the rest of Europe actually looks at the size of tyres on the car).
Personal Opinion: the wheels are nice, but get some 185/50s and flog the others.

Bret

Bill said:
Hi everyone,

I am considering buying a set of 4 x 16" Audi TT wheels with tyre sizes 185x50x16
and need to know if they will fit my A2.

Speedy replies will be greatly appreciated.
They fit on the A2 but I never believe, that these Tires are on any Audi TT.
The TT has bigger tires! (in diameter).

Back