Audi TT Seats

Thanks for your quick response! :)

I don't think black leather fronts and beige cloth rears will go together somehow :eek: What a load of pants! :(

i have a similar question so i'll use your topic
will the recaro seats of a audi A3 (2001) fit in my A2 (only front seats)
??
thnx Sam

I've resurrected this thread as it has got my interest in upgrading my current A2. Given that TT seats etc will go what are the implications of buying them if the airbags have deployed?

Is it a case of refitting new airbags and if so are they cost prohibitive? I suppose there may also be other issues if the frames etc have buckled or strained?

But as some airbags can deploy for low impcat bumps there must be some around

If the bags have been deployed the covers will be scrap!

So you will need new covers, and bags, this route is madness!

Buy them with the bags in place and save yourself a shed load of hassle!

Do the bags not come as a drop in unit and separate to the leather/cloth? Surely they must get around it in accident repairs opposed to write off

i have never known a seat bag to deploy and not wreck the cover!!

The Mk1 and 2 golf peeps buy the seats with the bags deployed and glue the flaps shut. But they dont have side airbags so it dosnt matter!

Ill try find a pic of a seat with the bag deployed so you can see the damage it does to the cover.

Thanks but do you know how much the airbags are to reinstall - as th3 option is to get the seats recovered in leather. I dare not ring Audi for a price yet!

Give audi a call for bag price.

The best option for you is buy TT front seats in leather and then get the A2 rears re trimmed to match the fronts.

I would also think its the cheaper option.

Your best option is to just get your existing seat retrimed. Dont bother getting seats where the airbags have been deployed you ll need new foam, new air bag and seat cover so it will work out very expensive

Back