Audi TT wheels 7J fitted with pics

andynics1

A2OC Donor
just got our A2 TDI Skytop back from London (thanks Johann:)) and unfortuantly needed a new front tyre for the orignal SE 185/55/16 Wheels.

I was Quoted £90 for one fitted (Toyo) so instead opted to have a look on ebay for some good 16" 7J TT Wheels. managed to find a set ending soon, bid and bought them for £100 - picked them up half an hour later (they were in great condition even the centre caps were good, the guy selling them had upgraded when his tyres wore down on his 2005 Audi TT Convertible) so an absolute bargain, Had some 205/50/16 Federal SS50 All weather tyres fitted 30mins later for £200 All in from our local North East Tyres and exhausts and im soooo happy with the fitment.

They fill the arches out so much better and stick out to where the wheels "should be" as the offset is higher on the TT wheels.

It drives supurb and look the business so im a happy chap :)

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

They do look very smart! Lucky for us A2 owners that TT drivers don't want to be seen dead in a TT with 16" wheels!

Hallo,

I am thinking of either 195 or 205 wheels, just am not sure what way to go in terms of 45 or 50 tyre height. I drive now 185 x 50 x 16 and A2 feels very nippy and responsive.

I tried 195 50 16 and, being more luxurious drive (more to my friend's smoothness of Audi A6) the responsiveness became more spongy. I tried for a month 205 55 16 I have to tell
I did not feel the potholes at all yet I did not feel steering either.

I just would like to ask how do you feel the change from your previous 185 55 16 to 205 50?

Back