Auto Electrician Required - Rewiring a Instrument Cluster connector

RCG

A2OC Donor
Audi 2001 A2 1.4TDi failed, the cause turned out to be an electrical fault. The connector to the instrument cluster shorted and caused an electrical fault. The connector and the cluster both needed to be replaced, I managed to source a compatible replacement instrument cluster and a new loom connector.

Help needed to find a mobile auto electrician who can wire up the connector, and then reconfiguring of the cluster. The car is in North London (Camden), garaged at the moment.

Does anyone know someone mobile or in the area who could tackle this job?

Many thanks

Robert

This doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. Another member recently had an electrical fault in this same place, damaging the loom and the cluster.

I'm mobile and am known for my electrical expertise, though I'm in the North West and currently have no plans to travel south until mid October. If only the car was based in Northwich in Cheshire as per your membership details. :(

Send me a PM if you have no luck with anyone nearer.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Given that there's a replacement cluster involved, there will be immobiliser issues to overcome. I believe Sarge has the required software to overcome this issue, though I could be wrong. I'm not sure whether Sarge does loom work or not.

Cheers,

Tom

Given that there's a replacement cluster involved, there will be immobiliser issues to overcome. I believe Sarge has the required software to overcome this issue, though I could be wrong. I'm not sure whether Sarge does loom work or not.

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Robert,
Sarge offered to look at my cluster when a fault developed and after I sourced a brand new one was confident of being able to clone the data et al for installing so I'd say that he's a good bet -- I didn't get the chance to take him up on his kind offers due to distance and time so in the end... Tom (timmus) helped me out and I can't sing his praises enough!
I made the jump from a standard cluster to DIS and it all went in without a hitch so if Sarge isn't available, and you can wait until October, Tom comes highly recommended.

N.B, as mentioned Sarge said that he'd be able to program my replacement clocks, if not however you'll be looking at a trip to an Audi dealer (albeit Cheshire Oaks wouldn't do it whilst Liverpool would) and then another company to adjust mileage.

Good luck,
Tom.

Back