Average mileage to a tank....petrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

18ME

Whats the average people get from their 1.4 petrol A2's?

Haven't got the DIS so I'm relying on the petrol gauge to tell me when it wants another drink. I've only filled it up once and quite shocked that I could only get £23.40 in the tank and it was on the red.

Silver 2001 1.4 SE Opensky, Leather, Bose, Symphony CD, Climate. No DIS to see how much money I'm saving on fuel.
+ Something a lot quicker.
+ Something a lot, lot quicker.

I'm guessing you have the smaller sized petrol tank like me, as mine is 2001 spec. My dash usually 'bongs' at around 260-270 miles and I fill up at about 280 miles.

Haven't got a clue - SWMBO fills it and doesn't see the point in keeping records!

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

These types of threads bring back old memories. I remember when we used to talk for hours about how many miles we could get out of a tank - memories!!!! I wonder where John is nowadays - wonder if he still has his Golf, plus can we start talking about Tesco's again?

Kaine

Mine just bonged at 266 miles. Presume that is about average.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

I was just curious more than anything as what to expect from the tank and makes a refreshing change to £80 in the tank of the old Touareg which was filled once a week.

Silver 2001 1.4 SE Opensky, Leather, Bose, Symphony CD, Climate. No DIS to see how much money I'm saving on fuel.

Diesel is the way forward IMHO, 500 miles a tank :) Though the DIS does give a premature warning, as I know as soon as it goes BONG I can do another 100 miles.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

quote:Originally posted by Kaine

18ME,

Your not the same 18ME from mytouareg.co.uk at all?

Kaine

Yep, although I'm usually found on tyresmoke.net.

18ME,

Such a small world isn't it. Did you sell the Treg in the end then? Remember reading your last post regarding the transfer box probs.

Kaine

P.S. Sorry for going off topic

I think I sold the Treg within about a week of saying that its going because I was a bit pi**ed off about the transfer box/tyre situation.

Didn't really bother me that much as I seem to get through about 4-6 cars a year.[13]

has anyone been running with the higher octane unleaded fuel?? If so do you get better performance and more miles per gallon (or should that be per litre) I egt around 280 miles per tank before the fuel light comes on using ordinary unleaded in a 1.4 2001 A2

i'm getting with 185 winter tyres about 6,3l/100 - means 450km to the tank. i can run my car to a complete pointer width under red and there's still 3l in the tank - this is normal apparently, there is an OBD setting you can change, but...
this is with running 110km x 2 per day so i still get to go to the petrol station every other day - grrrrr...of which 100km is motorway limited to 75mph and the rest is city driving.
am testing at the moment with my 215s to see what difference they make. seems to be about 0.3l / 100 km, but the weather's been playing up. Lights means another 0,1l/100, as does the wiper; difference between 60 and 75mph is approx 10% more consumption. weather taken out of that equation ;) warming the engine before you start also appears to make about 0,5l/100 difference.

0,5l/100km is about 20km/l --> 12m/l --> ca. 3mpg

Bret

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
2002, Petrol 1.4, 17" 215/40 summer, 185/55R15 spiked winter, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue; added by me: cruise, LEDs in the doors and mirrors; Ambient lighting, Day-Driving lights, Fogs, Comet FF200s... coming soon: heated seats and MFwheel, TT Tacho and pointers, Xenon... and more. http://www.a2-freun.de/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=61
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

My A2 1,4E with a 32-litre tank enables me to cover a usual distance of 410-430km in town but I think I could reach 450-460 km until the tank is fully ... empty.:)

any one using the super unleaded fuel and if so do you get better mpg

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

I've heard Shell Optimax makes quite a difference to the 1.6 FSI engine. Not sure about the 1.4 though.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

my 1.4 petrol bings at 200 miles! how come you guys get more mileage? do you guys have smaller 15 inch wheels as i have 16 inch wheels!

Overall wheel diameter should be the same, so this wont make any difference. It's not that you have a smaller fuel tank is it, although I was'nt aware that there very different versions.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Pre mid-2002 cars had the 34litre fuel tank. From mid-2002 on, the fuel tank was enlarged to 42litres.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back