Baby Proofing A2 Interior

Congratulations on the great news.

Not sure what you can do to baby-proof your A2, I can only suggest you sell your fab car to me! ;)

Perhaps not in the immediate months/years but we have a cover on the back bench seat to cope with the shoe scuffs, drink spillages, pens without tops etc. The only problem is the seat belt links as you have to leave them clear.

The boot space we also have a cover over the base to accept sand from the beach, muddy boots etc.

Remember the child locks on the rear doors, also because of the airbag in the front the child seat goes in the rear.

Oh, congrats and I did find myself driving around the city a 2 in the morning on some nights just to get our little one asleep, but what better car to do it in:cool: Clare is now 7.5yrs (where did the time go!) and enjoys the car especially the dvd when we journey afar.

Doctor

Last edited:
Leather, and always keep a packet of wipes in the car to clear up the inevitable spills and constant muddy footprints.

Thanks for the tips thus far. The day fast approacheth!

I had a look in Halfords for rear seat covers. Seems the ones they sell have small print that says not to use them for prolonged periods as the colour may transfer to the seats! What a lot of use they are then!

Anyone know of any A2 leather covers/seats for sale or other options for covers

Cheers

baby proofing

lukas,
for the rear seat covers we use a picnic blanket or one of those fleece throws that cost about #3 on a good day from wilkinson. I have two girls 4 and 7 and the advice about the seat covers and the wipes rings very true to me. alsa we got some rear of seat organiser pouch thingys in whihc you can store kids books /comics. You should be ok for about 12 -15 months though. My wife stores a sick bowl and two old tea towels under the front seats. Anyway up cup is good for the car as well.
Best of luck and congratulations
Paulc

You can buy something like a skuff gaurd for the front seats which fit on the back to stop kidsmarking to back of the front seats when they kick them which is what my daughter does sometimes and it stops her marking the seat.
Also on our old A2 it had a key switch in the glovebox to deactivate the front airbag if wished,,,dont know if this was an option though??.
Also as has been said a large blanket over the rear seats should help, and as an extra measure I also placed a doubled up towel under the baby seat which helped prevent the babyseat from denting the A2's seat base as we didnt ever move ours as we had a second one for my car!!.
Good Luck mate.

Best thing I bought was rear rubber mats (£21 from Audi) which clip over the carpet mats at the back - they've already caught two lots of sick from my girls, you can then pull them out and hose off the vom. There are always some on ebay but (as ever) they are more expensive than in the dealers. Leather seats do seem to be helpful too, or if not that then dark upholstery.

Back