back again! "warning" light?

ST PERRIN

I was talking to my machanic this morning about my A2 he was talking about a warning light which comes on if you drive constantly for over 2 hour to point out you should take a break is this true? as i am not going to pick my A2 user manual up until two days after i pick the car up so i would like to know wot to look out for if he is telling me right or pulling my P*****!

Cheers Paul

I don't have DIS on my car, but I believe cars equipped with DIS will actually warn you after 2 hours of driving, yes. Does your new car have DIS (Driver informations System)?

Dis

Hello Lee thanks, for the reply i dont know if it has or not as the the garage i found the car at is non audi so they were not sure of the spec etc, its a 1.4TDI sport open sky shod with 17" 2003 not a mark on it a real tidy A2 thats all i know at the minute the manual is missing but all the service history is there all audi main dealer so they must have had a few dollars who had the car before!,anyway at least you have told not all cars have DIS fitted so i will find out next week, thank god for the A2 club and its members its a real help for us

Thanks again

ST Perrin (paul)

The DIS display will flash 2:00 hrs until you press the reset button (right stalk, underside, best done with right thumb). I would not worry that you don't know every nuance of the display yet. Just get the car and enjoy the drive, the rest can come later.

Incidentally, likely to have DIS as 17" alloys were standard on the sport (DIS inc) and option on others (no DIS). You will know if you have DIS as the image of the car with the doors open will be facing forward and the radio stations will be displayed at the top of the display.

Enjoy the car.

Regards

Neil

the one to watch for is the 2nd speed setting.
Mine was 85 mph.
so ok you do 70-75 and creep upto 85 and this very noisy alarm goes off.
Im thinking Crap Ive broke it,but its just a speed sensor set by the last person who owned it.
flashes yellow and emits loud bleeeeeeeeeeeep

speed sensor

Cheers for that info,
that would have put the cherry on the cake heading east on the m4 and that alarm going off i would have left a brown patch on the seat! :eek:

thanks again

Paul (ST PERRIN)

Back