Ball joints

For the Droplinks i think the Meyle and particularly Meyle hd ones are well rated here.
What type of wishbones have you got? They could either be cast or pressed. I'm guessing since you say those ball joints don't fit then you have the cast. In which case you would need to get a whole new control arm with the ball joint on it already.

I can't recommend an ARB but I'm sure someone can soon.

Thanks for the reply, i already bought the Meyle droplinks & ARB set as recommended :cool:
looks like i have the cast type so i'll have to look for a set of control arms instead then :rolleyes: :D

Cheers

As far as I know the early cars had cast iron lower wishbones and the ball joint on these is none replaceable, the later cars had press steel wishbones and ball joint is replaceable
unfortunately there does not seem to be a definitive cut out / in date for the change, I suspect it was fit what they had at the factory.
May be worth buying a set of the later pressed steel wishbones and replacing the joint, will be MUCH cheaper option than the cast iron wishbones :)

As far as I know all the A2 wishbones are interchangeable, but I would always change both to the same style

Cheers,

Yeah those Meyle ones do seem to be the cheapest pressed steel ones online atm. Are your current ball joints worn or is it the dust cover which is torn?
I had a recent MOT which noted the ball joint dust covers split. The ball joint itself was fine (for now) so it just needed the dustcover replacing (about £2 each) for the MOT.

Back