Becker Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ex New Beetle

Ok, after much thought about changers etc, I am going to get a new CD head unit. Problem is which brands make one that looks right in the A2. I really hate all the BLING BLING lights and stuff that most manufacturers seem to think we all love!!
mexico-cd-4337-3.jpg

The Becker Mexico seems to look perfect (4337 model) as it is an understated design and with Red Audi lighting. I hear that becker stuff is outstanding quality, anyone use one of these and can comment?

I really was a fan of alpine, but there current range really do look awful. I don't wanna mess up the lovely look of the cars interior so please reccomend some that look suitable and are of good quality, thanks.

hmmm that looks good for an after market radio I have to say... most all of them look like tokyo by night to me with small fiddly buttons! This looks like an OE radio and the backlighting looks good too... Mercedes used to fit (or still do, I'm not sure) only Becker radios to their cars...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/180225.jpg[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

Hi,

I have that exact same radio, the becker mexico pro cd player. You can see it at page three of the european owners.

I really love the radio, it's has vert good reception, it feels robust and firm, and it has quite advanced features but is still easy to use.

The color is the same as the dash.

I would surely recommend it !

If you have any more questions or if you want some additional pictures mail me at [email protected]. This wednesday I'll get my new house so I won't be reading the forum much for the next three weeks.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I'm only interested in a replacement radio if I can get one which will talk to my DIS unit.. I can't stand having that little space empty. Sad, isn't it!

Suffolk is more dangerous than you think...

Hi there

I have a Becker Mexico Pro. Realy a nice radio. It does not communicate with the DIS display. Sorry....

The only radio that support communication with the DIS is the original Audi Radios.

Jesper

Jesper Lindholdt
Audi A2 TDI 3l
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe8.htm

Jesper, got any photos of the unit with the front down to load a disc?

The Becker radios are the best radios I ever used. I tried Blaupunkt, Sony, Kenwood, JVC, Clarion and Philips in different cars. The Becker Traffic Pro is a nav-system and looks exactly like this mexico. The audio-quality is the best I ever had. You can add nearly all kinds of stuff to this head-units, amplifiers, mp3-players, telephone via speakers, telmute...

The subwofer amplifier can be controlled without changing other adjustments.

AND: By changing just some cables in the original audi-plug, the Becker is able to power the original - amp for the rear-speakers with a good volume.

Nik

a2.jpg

A2 1.4 Petrol 2001
Delivery options: Cobalt blue, opensky, aircondition, APS, DIS
Retrofitted: Aerotwin (Floppy) wiper, Becker-Navigation, rear cupholders, iPod, 16" Ronal, rubber chicken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back