Information Bench seats

Loyal Royal

Could anyone help me please on a couple of points:

1) Bench seat - I have not seen one yet - are they split seats? can they be removed like the 2 seat versions (I suspect not). Can they be folded right down? If they cannot be removed do you lose a lot of luggage space or do you find that in reality you never remove the seats anyway?

2) If I buy a car with 15" wheels can they be replaced with 17" wheels - does this have any advantages apart from looking better

Sorry but I don't really know much about cars but just know that I want an
A2

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the club. A bench seat is just exactly what it says on the tin - a single 'bench' arrangement rather than split in the middle. It folds and can be removed for more space (although a little heavy to lug around - 2 person job really) The bench arrangement also has 3 seat belts - a centre lap belt up to 2003, then 3 inertia reel belts thereafter. Although intended to accomodate 3 in the back, it'll have to be 3 kids or 3 really skinny people!

You can change the 15" wheels for 17" no problem, and theres a huge raft of discussion on the topic. Put 'wheels' or 'alloy' into the search facility or browse the wheels and tyres forum.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot

As long as they can be removed that really answers all my questions - at least I now know that I don't mind what seating arrangement to go for.

Just wish I'd bought one in 2005 when I could have chosen exactly what I want!!

Hindsight .........

Back