Bespoke Branded Mats Group Order 2

2work

Well Known Member
United-Kingdom
Afternoon all,

Due to having received a few messages regards the thoughts of building upon the success of the initial group order and considering a second run, I have been in touch with Dan at Simply Car Mats to obtain some figures should we proceed with such an idea. For any one reading this who hasn't a clue what I'm on about then start here to read up on the initial run of these mats. This is what your footwell could look like, multiple colour options available which you’ll see on the above link:

8E445B4C-C269-445A-BBE9-C880A3650CEC.jpeg

71E3447F-6EAE-41F8-BBEE-58E9673691A1.jpeg

3620D69F-A06A-4031-9BDC-D1E164CE1940.jpeg

71758EBD-1AF8-423E-AE63-866245251E93.jpeg

To obtain the very best discount available of 35% we had to reach the dizzy heights of 30 sets to achieve the discount, as we're a returning customer then the minimum order has been reduced to just 10 sets. This is of course great news which could see a smaller interest satisfied quite quickly.

Based on the 35% discount being applied, here is the costs for a potential second run:

£37.47 - Super Deluxe Carpeted Mats
£03.00 - Edging trim if non standard
£00.00 - Standard carpeted heal pad
£05.00 - Rubber heal pad
£20.00 - Embroidered Club logo swatches (receive 2 swatches, 1 on each of the front mats)
£05.95 - Delivery to me in Coalville (per 5 sets) for onward distribution.

£58.67 - standard edging trim colour
£61.67 - non standard edging trim colour
£66.67 - rubber heel pad and non standard coloured edging trim

Once the mats have arrived to me in Coalville members can either collect from 2work Towers or have them delivered to your door. Collection of course incurs no additional charge, postage and packaging from me to you will be broken down as follows:

£00.60 - Packaging (large plastic shipping bag)
£06.36 - Hermes delivery

£06.96 - total delivered to you in a few days (minus the optional £2.90 (with signature) insurance at £70)
£09.86 - total delivered to you in a few days insured up to £70.

The above prices above have been guaranteed by Dan at Simply Car Mats until Jan 23, after this time the price may slightly increase.

You can see above there is a few variations to the costings but they should be easy to follow, choose your edging trim colour and heel pad type then consider delivery being either insured or not.

If you have any questions then please just ask. If you want to be added to this potential second run list then just respond on this thread with your requirement, example below:

@2work 1x Black set with Black trim, carpeted heel pad and embroidered logos on the fronts.

Hope that all makes sense.

Kind regards,

Tom

For anyone with a LHD car, I can confirm the template I provided worked!
1FE71A46-C12A-48F7-BE19-E1E59A2FDC34.jpeg

I’m delighted with these and they are certainly going to make my journeys more pleasant until I switch onto the rubber ones in a couple of months. Thanks @2work

Morning all,

Just thought I’d mention the possibility of a second run of these bespoke branded mats as the 2022 price promise will end in the next 10 weeks.

The interested members PMs have accidentally been deleted during a recent inbox clean up and have no record of who was still after a set.

Minimum order is 10 sets to obtain the 35% discount. So far no one is on this potential second list.

Let me know if you’re interested as these could easily be delivered to you as an early Christmas present for your trusty aluminium friend.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening all,

Slight thread resurrection here in order to hopefully assist a fellow member acquire a set of these mats at a discounted rate.

I’m waiting on Dan from Simply Car Mats to come back to me regards price and minimum order quantity, guess the response will be either tomorrow but must likely Monday. From memory it was 10 sets of mats as we’re a returning customer.

Would anyone else be interested in a set of these stunning branded mats for their aluminium friend. I know a certain Jaipur Red A2 would benefit from a set. All the information is linked in the first post if this thread. The only unknown right now is the cost to produce another run, which I’ll have soon enough.

If you want a set (no commitment until I have a price) then please respond showing similar information to the below entries:

@2work - 1x A2OC Branded Black with Black edging trim / Carpeted Heel Pad

@BAllenA2UK - 1x A2Oc Branded Light grey with Light Grey edging trim / Rubber Heel Pad

Kind regards,

Tom

Morning all,

Still waiting for Dan at Simply Car Mats to respond but have been on their website to understand the prices before any kind of discount:

Super Deluxe mats (set of 4) - £55.18
IMG_8202.jpeg

Floor Mat colour
IMG_8203.jpeg

Edging Trim options - Free to £6
IMG_8204.jpeg

IMG_8206.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg

Heel Pad option - Free to £5
IMG_8208.jpeg

So the Super Deluxe mats which we chose before, with the most expensive edging trim annd rubber heel pad are currently priced as £66.18 before any kind of bulk order discount. If you wanted a standard type of edging trim and a carpeted feel pad then the price would be £55.18.

The A2OC embroidered patches were £20 for the patch on each of the front mats which brings the total to £86.18, or £75.18 with the cheaper edging and heel pad options. The minimum discount I’m expecting is 10% but will wait for Dan to confirm.

From memory, any discount given only applies to the mats and the options. The A2OC embroidered patches are £20 (for 2) which cannot attract any discount. Again I’ll wait for Dan to confirm.

So I’m armed with a provisional order quantity to barter with Dan, please do register your no-commitment interest on this thread as shown in an earlier post:

@2work - 1x Set Black with Black edging trim / Carpeted Heel Pad / A2OC patches

@BAllenA2UK - 1x Set Light Grey with Light Grey edging trim / Rubber Heel Pad / A2OC patches.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I would potentially be interested in three sets I think:

- 1x A2OC Branded Black with Black edging trim / Carpeted Heel Pad

- 2x Black edging trim / Carpeted Heel Pad (no club logo)

Cheers,
Indi

Tom, I do wonder if the issues with the placement and appearance of the A2OC badges in the last group order was down to the grade of carpet mats that we selected being too thick, pulling the badge edges down into the mat, and the badges themselves out of shape with the carpet pile squashed underneath.

I could be interested in a set with light grey leatherette trim and a driver's heel pad for the FSI, but possibly in the Deluxe rather than Super Deluxe fabric.

Hi Tom,

I would potentially be interested in three sets I think:

- 1x A2OC Branded Black with Black edging trim / Carpeted Heel Pad

- 2x Black edging trim / Carpeted Heel Pad (no club logo)

Cheers,
Indi
Morning Indi,

I’ll start compiling a list once Dan has responded. Simply Car Mats have replied and said they’ll allow Dan to respond as he dealt with the previous order.

Fingers crossed the discount makes this a viable venture to proceed with.

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom, I do wonder if the issues with the placement and appearance of the A2OC badges in the last group order was down to the grade of carpet mats that we selected being too thick, pulling the badge edges down into the mat, and the badges themselves out of shape with the carpet pile squashed underneath.

I could be interested in a set with light grey leatherette trim and a driver's heel pad for the FSI, but possibly in the Deluxe rather than Super Deluxe fabric.
Afternoon Ian,

I personally think they rushed the previous job as the embroidered patches were correctly placed after I took 80% of the order back for adjustment. All worked out in the end. I recall that the stitching task was initially done with the mats upside down which is their normal way of doing this. I believe they had the mats top side up when conducting the alterations which solved the issue. I’ll certainly be monitoring the QC process as the factory isn’t too far away in Mansfield and quite happy to visit them ahead of dispatch. Could even collect them whilst I’m there.

That said, if the consensus was to go for a not so thick cheaper option then more than happy to get a quote for those also.

Should the discount not be what I anticipate then I do have another option of going direct to the factory who do the work for Simply Car Mats. I’ve met them and been to their premises during the returns process. If there is enough interest then I’m quite sure I can work something out with either option.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Hi Tom

I’d be keen for a set of black with black trim, rubber heel pad and branded.

Thanks for kicking this off again.

Al

Hi Tom

I’d be keen for a set of black with black trim, rubber heel pad and branded.

Thanks for kicking this off again.

Al
Hi Al,

I’ll start a provisional list later on this evening. Fingers crossed that Dan comes back with an acceptable price tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening all,

Had a reply from Dan at Simply Car Mats and have todays price, quite sure you'll be quite happy with what's be put on offer to us here.

For just £51.70 Dan can provide up with:
  • Super Deluxe Mat (set of 4)
  • Customised edging trim
  • Standard heel pad or no heel pad
  • A2OC branded front mats (2x embroidered patches)
  • An additional £4.00 for a rubber heel pad
Comparing this price with the earlier post you'll see we have quit a good package available to us.

There are however some limitations to this offering though:
  • Super Deluxe now only comes in the following colours
    • Black
    • Dark Grey (Anthracite)
    • Beige
  • Minimum order of 10 sets to gain this significant discount
  • £5.95 delivery charge to me in Coalville per 5x sets (divided into £1.19 per set)
There will of course be a further minimal charge to get your mats packaged up at 2work Towers and dispatched. This will be the same as I done on the first run of these which is a thick shipping bag on a 2-3 day delivery service, broken down as follows:
  • £.80 (could go down if the list gets towards 25 sets) thick mailing bag
Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 22.15.53.png

• £8.48 delivery which includes insurance up to £60
Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 22.25.42.png

As ever, my time spent doing the group order administration in my own time is free of charge. I will be paying exactly the same as everyone else for my own mats. I'm not here to profiteer from this fine community as you've seen many times in the past over the group orders I've put together.

I'll get a provision no-commitment list together tomorrow.

Due to the limitation of colours for the Super Deluxe range then I guess we could also get a quote for the cheaper and thinner Deluxe offering. I will certainly still be ordering the Super Deluxe though as I like the thickness of them and how they have stood up to the many miles of commuting with my heel digging into them.

Thats probably enough from me for now, you have the price and the limitations so its over to the community to see if we can get interest in 10+ sets of mats.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello again,

Below is the provisional no-commitment list so far. Looks like we're quite close of getting to the minimum order quantity of 10 sets. I guess there is no rush here so lets leave this going for a week or 2 to see how things progress.

List as at 23:59 Mon 13c Nov:
List superseded on later post.

Kind regards,

Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 23.58.45.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 23.58.45.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
HI,

Put me down for some please:

• Super Deluxe Mat (set of 4) - BLACK
  • Customised edging trim = RED
  • Standard heel pad
Thanks for your time on this!

fantastic - please can I request to be added to list as well
1x Light grey with Light Grey edging trim / Rubber Heel Pad (no logo)
1x heavy duty rubber 3mm (no logo) for the winter!

HI,

Put me down for some please:

• Super Deluxe Mat (set of 4) - BLACK
  • Customised edging trim = RED
  • Standard heel pad
Thanks for your time on this!
Morning Edd,

Thank you very much for the interest. I’ll get your request added to the list this evening. Your set takes us to 8 out of the minimum order quantity of 10 so we’re getting close to turning this into an actual order.

Kind regards,

Tom

fantastic - please can I request to be added to list as well
1x Light grey with Light Grey edging trim / Rubber Heel Pad (no logo)
1x heavy duty rubber 3mm (no logo) for the winter!
Morning,

Just as I was responding to Edd’s @CrispyEdd post stating we’re quite close to reaching the minimum order quantity, your post with the remaining 2 sets appeared. Thank you very much for the interest and getting this over the line. Your request will be added to the list this evening. In the background I’ll contact Dan at Simply Car Mats to confirm that 9 carpeted sets and 1 rubber set can qualify as our minimum order if 10 sets.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Tom

Morning. I think I'll have a set too. Got to think about black or anthracite and type of edge.
I'll come back to you later today.

Good afternoon,

I'd be interested in a set of mats - 1x Set Black with grey leatherette edging trim / Rubber Heel Pad / A2OC patches

Morning. I think I'll have a set too. Got to think about black or anthracite and type of edge.
I'll come back to you later today.
Good afternoon,

I'd be interested in a set of mats - 1x Set Black with grey leatherette edging trim / Rubber Heel Pad / A2OC patches

Good afternoon to you both,

Thank you for joining the remainder on this group order. I’ll get you request added to the list later this evening.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back