Chat best £100 a2 mod

Just tinted me back windows and tailgate window and it looks great because av got opensky that's tinted standard it just looks right cost me just over £100 and it got me thinking if you had £100 or so to spend only on ur car what mod(or combination of mods) would you do mechanical, performance, comfort or styling.

Under dash lighting for about £4

But for the price, I paid £75 for a clean blue interior with some black door cards added my cream armrests.....

Sweet ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365016221.569502.jpg

I used to have a 'twist'interior.....

J

Tell me about it tried to do my last car meself and it looked a mess its a job for the pros only took them a couple of hours.and am well impressed the boot lid looks impossible to self tint wouldn't even know where to start

Boot lid is already tinted, unless you went darker? Footwell lighting as Hooley says is probably the cheapest mod, I think I paid about £3.20

Yeh you can get LED strips off eBay and wire them into the cigarette lighter bulb so they come on with the interior lights. I've got red ones, I'll have to find a pic!

Got a dark tint on the boot so it blends in with the open sky which seemed to be a darker than the back window will put some pics up when weather gets better.

Tricky one. If we're talking one-off expenditures of less than £100 then probably the money I've donated to the Forum.

Under dash lighting for about £4

But for the price, I paid £75 for a clean blue interior with some black door cards added my cream armrests.....

SweetView attachment 11857

I used to have a 'twist'interior.....

J
Just where is the cream in you photo? Is that not "platinum" that I'm looking at? Is there actually a "cream" listed as a factory option? So confusing!

David

You saw my interior.....is an early 2001 car before the platinum was the light colour.
I had the twist plastics and cream leather seats / armrest. I transplanted the armrests from that interior on to the black door cards from the other interior

So it is 'cream' (or light beige)

J

I think mine would be cruise control, I think it was about £70. It was a Godsend the other day on the M62 50MPH average speed cameras whilst visiting my Sis in Huddersfield.

I think mine would be cruise control, I think it was about £70. It was a Godsend the other day on the M62 50MPH average speed cameras whilst visiting my Sis in Huddersfield.

where did you get CC for £70? did you just buy the kit and fit it yourself or was that the total fitted price?

drew

Hi Drew

I got it from kufatec and fit it myself. It was not to difficult but a bit scary as it has to be wired into the ECU also need to be very careful as it could be quite dangerous if not connected up correctly.

Tdige

ah... i figured that was a tad cheap. im mechanically and electrically inept so i'll be staying away from such modifications.
cheers!

If you want cruse control. Our own Mike Skipton can do this corectly and safely for you. He has done more than anyone else so has the knoledge to do it.

Cheers

David

Agreed; Mike Skipton (username Skipton01) has fitted OEM cruise to more A2s than I've had hot dinners. He's the man for this job.

On the original topic, it's a tough one to call, partly because there are no fixed prices for things. A decent set of HID headlights cost me about £100 and are a real benefit, however I've added much 'bigger' things to my car for less money. When I had SE seats but was looking for Sport seats, someone offered to swap with me. I only had to buy the wiring and connectors for the lumbar support mechanisms, meaning the upgrade cost me about £15.
Similarly, I retro-fitted rear electric windows into my car by swapping, meaning that upgrade was also cheap as chips... though I did trap myself in a world of pain for a while whilst I figured out how to do it.

Tom

Whilst I love Dan's post that his best £100 spent is his donations to the forum - I'd have to say the iPod upgrade is the best ~ £100 I have spent.

For me, the best £100 I spent on the A2 was the sport steering wheel and the A3 S-Line gear knob. The bits of the car you're in contact with most and they felt soooo much better than the SE wheel and the worn SE gear knob I had when I got the car.

The best money I ever spent was the Vredestein Quatrac tyres. How I wish they made 205/50R17 for our Volvos!

Back