Best crazy engine exchanges in an A2?

A22B

Hi all,

saw a few pics on the photobucket group of an A2 with a TT engine in it...!:D

Does anyone know if this is the 180 or 225 version? Also how much did it cost to make?

Would any of the tdi engines fit? Imagine the torque of a 170tdi!!

This has got me thinking now, especially as I hate being bullied on the road by other users...

Any info to humour me much appreciated!

our own Malcolm (myta2) has a 1.8t engine in his a2 and its the 225 model + more to come i think. it looks a very nice fit and almost factory.i'm sure he will be allong to expand on what exact spec it is.i got to see it at adi show-grim reeper got a few laps in it arround castle combe.
cheers mike

I hope so. I can't wait to find out more....:cool:

Our A2 succeeded our 225 TTC. Can't begin to imagine how fast it would be. Would love to drive one as a daily driver!

The main problem with making a fast A2 is how it struggles to get lots of torque down on the road. The remapped 75s and 90 diesels can certainly make their traction control work hard for its money.

I have no experience of this, but can imagine they can jump a bit with the suspension being so firm. Maybe best for a petrol-turbo conversion then over a performance diesel -ie more high end power Vs low end torque?

-what about fitting a Quattro system!?

Well well. I'm not going to claim its all my hard work but alot of money has been spent at TSR and its still being developed. Modifications to the bulkhead were required to give some room for the K04 turbo. This has been coupled to a Fabia VRS 6spd gearbox with a Quaife differential. Even with the LSD it really needs to be dry conditions be able to use this 'Er' standard 225bhp power.

This conversion was achieved using the original engine mounting points. With this in mind and knowing that a 1.9TDi has the same sump gasket and therefore I would say it is a conversion that is achievable.

Hi Malc - interested to read you've put a Quaife diff in there! What sized wheels/tyres are you running up front?

Is that TSR down in Bridgwater?, as in Tim Stiles Racing who've been bust several times (well at least twice I think?) - I might be wrong, no lawsuits please:eek:

Is it the diesel Fabia Vrs gearbox?

Come to think of it, a straight fabia Vrs engine & gearbox swap with a remap to 170bhp ish would probably be a great rapid and economical daily driver.

What sort of economy do you get out of it?, I'd imagine it would be pretty good trundling along in 6th.

got me thinking - would a auto box mod be possible then - reason is im losing the use of my left hand due to MND and really dont want to say goodbuy to my A2.

or is this a daft idea:confused:

...Come to think of it, a straight fabia Vrs engine & gearbox swap with a remap to 170bhp ish would probably be a great rapid and economical daily driver.

Nah, I reckon it wouldn't be that good. You'll probably get about 160bhp from the remapped 1.9 but silly amount of torque for the weight of the A2. You'll be spinning your front wheels in 3rd. However, that level of straight line performance will be met by a weird low rev range. My ideal engine would be the 1.4TSI, or the 1.6FSI strapped to a small supercharger. Giving a proper performance car like 6.5k rpm redline.

MtyA2 is very very quick. Most impressive is the suspension conversion (to hold that weight, yet still acceptable ride) and the choice of that 6sp gearbox.

Back