Best Dealer?

kezbed

Hi, my A2 sport is due for a service. I live in the north west, can anybody recommend a good dealer to take it to? a cheap and reliable one! kez

Hmm I know a good one in South Yorkshire. Gilders Audi in Sheffield, I have a good relationship with them (so far!)

kezbed said:
Hi, my A2 sport is due for a service. I live in the north west, can anybody recommend a good dealer to take it to? a cheap and reliable one! kez
sorry, did you just mention the words 'cheap & reliable' in connection with a stealer service?
I can recommend Smith Knight Fay in Stockport but cheap they ain't, have you tried a VW dealer, the same engines are used in the polo & lupo models and their dealer labour rates should be lower, try Smith knight Fay VW in Hyde. Having said that the Audi boys had my car in today for its 2nd longlife service which was booked about 3 weeks ago, the A4 loan car is currently sat on my driveway as they hadn't got the fuel filter, dozy or what, you would think they would have pre ordered the parts for a pre booked service!

Fancy a day out? I use Dundee and I live most of the time in Exeter. Although the other half has family up there!
They were first in Audi aftersales comp last year (might be year before)
When I spoke to them Listers in Coventry were 2nd.
They are the only dealers to admit taking less time to do a job than was in the book and only charge me the lower amount. Always get a choice of cars and a discount.
We didn't buy either the A2 or A6 from them.

Cheers

Jonathan

oh yeh and when I went in with the engine light on in the A6 they changed a perished pipe FOC!!!!

I bought my A2 from Smith Knight and Fay. I found that there work was perfectly OK, but not cheap. Currently I am using Bradford Audi as they are nearer - especially with the coil pack problems that I experienced and worries over un burnt fuel and the catalytic converter. They have been very good with me but the last service (38K) included new rear brakes, disks and pads, also new front mats came to over £600.
No Audi dealer is going to be cheap - look at the market position. I can believe that some dealers have shown little care to second hand A2's, this site has highlighted many failings but cannot understand why as there is always a prospective new/used car sale to a very satisfied customer.
I remember some years back in Germany when Mercedes anounced the A Class, "a Mercedes for the price of a Golf". My boss said that is all well and good but wait untill the former Golf owners get the Mercedes sized service bills, they won't be so happy then. I am thinking of using a local independant the next time. There is one in Skipton, they are former Whiterose VW people and looked after my old GTI very well.

Back