Best place for new exhaust/cat?

S2Dicky

Right I hope we have got to the bottom of my poor running today and found that the second cat is knackered.

It's causing my annoying hesitation and also when the stuff in the cat shifts it then causes the air to roar out of the air box and gives me 16804 faulty cat code and the 17912 air leak code. With the exhaust disconnected it revved nicely and no air from the air box. It also rattles when you knock it.

So my question is best place to get new cat / exhaust? Should I get one made?

I believe this was the same problem A2Sumo had from reading old posts and this post helped me diagnose this on mine.

Your thoughts?

I recently had my exhaust attended to by Tony at A2 Cars up in Milton Keynes - they made up some custom pipes for me. Give him a call.

I'm getting mine booked in at Longlife exhausts in leeds as I have the same problem, new cat then custom stainless back free flowing system, £465 all in fitted, you can tailor the sound and look of the system to your liking also...

I'm beginning to think I also need a new exhaust/cat after running rich for too long has most likely burnt the cat out.

The last one I bought was from Catman (catman.co.uk) at that time it was the cheapest I could find at £135.85 next day delivered, it also comes with a 2 year warranty. Fitting is fairly straightforward with the right access, get a new gasket and exhaust nuts just in case. And support the flexi section while moving it about.

Back