Best place to buy Longlife Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try Halfords. The last litre I bought cost £11.99 I think.

They always seem to have it in stock, although only in the 1 litre containers.

Regards
Ian - black 1.4SE petrol

Yip Halfords is the only authorised shop to sell this oil... last time I had my car serviced I bought my own from there and Mr Audi himslef admitted to having bought all theirs from there too!!!! BUT they charge you £58 for the said same £27 amount of oil!

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

I have just bought 4.5 lts from Halfords and it cost £40. Where was the £27 stuff from? And it is the Castrol slx 0w30 Life 2?

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Thats what i has noticed but i was going to look in another branch before I posted and £11.99 for one litre

Some time ago, I bought some in a VW dealership, it was a lot cheaper than my Audi dealership.Maybe it was a mistake but I don't think so, his pooter showed the price I paid.

quote:Originally posted by Fiona

I have just bought 4.5 lts from Halfords and it cost £40. Where was the £27 stuff from? And it is the Castrol slx 0w30 Life 2?

It was from a local Halfords (local to me) in Bristol, I dont know if it was on offer, also the 1 ltr was £12.99. and yes its the LongLife 2

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

Thanks Shezlee. I got 1 ltr just before Christmas for £12.99 then the bigger bottle just after, both from Farnham. Maybe the expense is a Surrey thing..........

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Islandgreen
Yes, it's fully synthetic. You are supposed to look for the correct VW specification code for your car on the plastic bottle. Something like VW 502.00. If in doubt ask two or more dealers which specification code to look for. I bought my oil in Walmart (Asda) in Germany. I'm amazed to find it is more expensive than Mouton Cadet wine from Rothchild's vinyards: maybe I could feed my TDi with wine...

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back