Big Fight

Mal

I will try to keep this brief I could go on for hours
My first A2 great 117,000 no problem Then I saw an Approved used at stafford went against the advice of everyone sold mine for 3500 and bought this one for 8500
Now had this been private or wee local garage I wouldn't have touched it
My argument the only reason I bought it were two words approved used
They wanted top dollar refused to haggle a premium example
Other members who thought about this sigh of relief now
As I'm 300-miles away it is an even bigger problem and no one wants to know
Heres where its at
Bought November 09 661654 miles (now 73923)

Bungs in bonnet blocked car flooded a/c intermittent fault
Sun roof didn't close (now press button not two stage goes half back then you can push it back manually )
Door strap broke
Front speaker packed in
Service light on after only 7500 miles (supposed to have had full service and water pump
Side light went out no big deal then 3 days later came back on (oh no)

I am fighting with everyone Audi Uk they have been useless full of promise but no help As far as I'm concerned this car was sold as an Audi peace of mind and its not Im stressed out
Didn't want to have to go to Stafford Audi implied they would get it fixed in Glasgow
Told best i could hope for is a contribution but 6 months on and now facing a bill pushing on to £3000 don't think so
Im suffering so bad from other half and everyones solution
Get rid
But trade this in with this much wrong kidding
Anyway I don't want any other car I have tried to look at other things but there is nothing But more importantly I've drove A2's since 2003 I don't want my A2 experience marred
But it looks like its going to have to be Trading Standards a whole big fight hundred of wasted time
Great

Keep trying Mal!

Sorry to hear this is continuing to be a bad news story pal. If your car was sold with an approved used warranty I don't understand how the faults are not warranted. The car wasnt over 6 years old when you bought it - or is Audi approved 5 yrs?

The other aspect to this is potential damage to repuation, which I think is referred to in the trade as ' Policy' payments for faults outside of normal warranty conditions. I would seek advice from trading standards and perhaps a solicitor as well. Its only a few months since you paid a lot of money from a franchised retailer - and your motivation to do this could be your biggest asset in a reasoned and calm arguement of your position to Audi UK's MD, once you know where you stand - then press hard for a policy payment if your warranty does not cover the faults.

My letter to Audi If anyone has big boss email please post

I have a complaint, which despite all efforts it looks like I am not going to make any progress unless I go to Trading Standards etc. I hoped to avoid this by contacting yourself'. However this avenue has failed. You already have a case file open on VO04PYS, so I wont go over the faults here. I only want to copy you in to why in my opinion this is your responsibility to resolve

The only reason I purchased this car was because of two words "Approved Used" It was a mad deal I sold a 53 reg A2 for 3500 and bought an 04 reg A2 for 8500. This is a scheme advertised by yourself as piece of mind a good solid choice when considering your purchase ?

I bought the car 350 miles away with the confidence that I had the support of Audi's dealer network.

I called the centre several times during April. I have gone to Audi dealers to "confirm " the problems I got nowhere.

When I called the customer care centre on Wednesday I got a very helpful person. Who listened to my complaint and agreed this was a terrible situation, so bad that he would recommend a case manager, who would liaise with myself and work together until this situation was resolved. Fantastic !

Reality, a message on my answer phone sorry because your car is 72 months old there will be no contribution
What are you talking about? I don't want a contribution? I wanted assistance to resolve, and the age of my car was irrelevant as my purchase was six months ago.

A couple of points I would like to make of significance.

The dealer I bought the car from can't repair it .I have spoken to Stafford and they can't carry out this repair. They don't have the equipment. So why would I want to drive there when Glasgow can repair it and why because of this should I become liable.

There is a fix Kit available £139 Part No 8Z0 898 738 There is also a service bulletin on the fault with the A2 open sky. But no one can use it, so they replace the whole sunroof at a cost of over £2000. Again if your trained technicians cant do the repair Why should I be liable ?

My warranty may not cover this item but my consumer rights do. This whole situation is wrong on so many levels I am surprised you don't want to do anything to see it resolved.

I do not have the product which you promote to encourage brand confidence. I have displayed customer loyalty with several Audi and VW products.. I use multiple dealers across your network, I will be buying an A1 for my wife. I am disappointed I do not merit a satisfactory level of customer care.

As a result of this situation I have been left with nothing. A car which is poor. A car I cant sell .A car with the track record who knows what's coming next ?
It shouldn't have been sold "approved' or substantially over book price. I'm sure Audi dealers have cars which don't make 'approved' standard.

So now its Trading Standards and thats only the start. Im sure they will love the story about the poor goods, which you think the customer should just accept and the fact Im liable to ridiculous costs when you cant use your own repair kit

All I hoped for was someone to do the right thing. I will fight my corner robustly to achieve justice over this situation I will not be bullied and ignored.

Yeh Best of Luck Mal,

I know a good, no nonsense solicitor in Paisley who could knock you out a very good letter if you need it.

Best 30 quid I've spent and you'll be amazed at the results

cheers

David.

When i had a warranty issue (climate) with my Audi approved used A2 i had no problem when taking it the nearest Audi franchise for repairs. I was tempted with the car you bought and sorry to hear Audi are being unhelpful.

result

Well a result Thanks to Chelsea at Audi customer services. What a star. Had Stafford on the phone all faults will be sorted at glasgow Audi It goes in next Tuesday to be assessed Chuffed No more stress (well from that anyway) No more grief from Jean and most important I can look forward to enjoying my wee A2 again Going to call it Steve Austin

Great news! Its a lovely sounding wee car, delighted you have a result and I'll catch up with you sometime (not working in Hamilton anymore - but some of us Tartan A2 owners should get together sometime this summer for a chinwag) We'll see 'Steve Austin' when the rebuild is complete. ;) :D

Glad to see this has been resolved. I bought my wife her 2002 A2 1.4 TDi with 50k on the clock (if she could hear me now) and traded in her much loved, but inferior 1999 Mercedes A160 which had covered 100k. The Mercedes was in excellent condition for the year, but if you looked closely, you could tell that within a year or two it would be expensive to maintain.

I purchased the A2 from Carlisle Audi (bear in mind I live in Aberdeenshire). I saw the car through Audi's Approved Used scheme online. I spoke to their sales executive who effectively did a 'walk-around' the car and went into detail on any marks, good or bad.

Suffice to say when I bought it - it was mint, and I was pleased with the purchase. The Mercedes (bless her) was taken in part-exchange for a grand. The warranty, and that's the reason I bought it, was used on a number of occasions, new rubber mounts on the EGR valve, new door strap, new shock absorber. All completed at Aberdeen Audi. That's the deal - there's no way I was about to drive south to fix faults as and when they arise. Aberdeen Audi were excellent - they know the score. Hell they probably claim from Audi UK, paperwork's a hassle, but they get their money in the end.

Moral of the story - stick to your guns, report faults early, be firm but courteous, keep a written record. In my opionion, I've only ever once been disappointed with a main dealer's service and responsibility, and I left the marque there and then, their loss.:rolleyes:

Back