Big Pot Hole Issue

hotdog1

Driving home the other day fairly spirited (not fast) i and the car in front have hit a pot hole :mad:

The following day of use i had started to notice several unwanted noises from the front left side of the car:

So I replaced the drop links and the anti-roll bar and bushes using a cheap mechanic but it turns out it was the calliper that got damaged?
I have taken it to an independant and they said that i need to replace the brass screws that hold the calliper - each screw is about £10 and they checked it would be cheaper doing this than replacing the caliper completely! Has anyone else come across this problem before, ive never had an issue with a calliper before (puzzled).
Whilst there they also said that the ARB bushes were not correct and looked like they had been modified to fit, i have noticed a slight rattling noise at low speed which i guess could be this, again anyone come across this before?

Now, this evening i have had the computer beep at me : it is an orange circle with dots from the 1'o'clock to the 5 o clock position and again from 7 o clock to 11 o clock. No doubt it is from the garage fiddling to see the issues but can anyone tell me what that actually means> /??

thanks - sorry about rambling thread! :)

Last edited:
The warning symbol is for the brake pad wear indicator - I suspect they've broken the connector whilst working, which is very easily done.

As to the caliper being damaged, not heard of this before and I'd doubt it was damaged, as it's snuggled inside the wheel out of harms way. A few more questions are needed I think.....

Cheers,

Mike

thanks Mike,

damn frustrating ! i will find out more on Friday. Thanks for the quick reply as usual.

Back