Bigger Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jon.od

Am considering a larger wheel upgrade and the brakes looked a little silly behind huge wheels, not concerned with the rear drums as they are little more than a parking brake.

What is involved with a brake upgrade obviously nobody lists aftermarket upgrades for the A2 the disc & pads are no problem but does any body know anything about calipers and bracketry?

Jon,
You'll need replacement carriers to relocate the calipers accordingly. Depending on how big a disc you are going for you may need to replace the calipers. My experience is with modding golfs and the best person to speak to in this regard is Steve Cresswell at C & R Enterprises in Nottingham. I reckon the A2 would look menacing with 280mm black diamond discs behind 18" wheels.

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Check out the 3.2V6 240HP Golf as they are sure to have big front brakes.

Don't know if you will be able to fit them though?

Just spent the afternoon ringing round and it appears to be an unheard of conversion (strange that)!!!, got lots of people getting back to me

i ask to Tar-ox ( www.tarox.com ) for Audi A2....they don't have an upgrade kit, because the brakes of A2 are the same of VW golf III, so the don't have nothing....i ask even for a personal upgrade for my A2, the reply that the have to analized my car, with the '17, and maybe the are able to upgrade my brakes with the S3 one, they change evreting....the think to put a 6 pot clipper brakin sistem with discs of 310 mm.....the cost is very expensive, around 1500 euro......now i'm waitig the respons if i can do this upgrade.....

foto2.jpg
icon161.gif
foto3.jpg
icon161.gif
foto1.jpg
icon161.gif
foto4.jpg

...NEXT STEP??...'18...
sticazzi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back