Biggin Hill, Kent today around 1600 hrs

S2Dicky

Spotted a nice clean black A2 sporting an A2 plate, I was actually in mine at the time was just down from the airport in Biggin Hill

Plate was A2 M**

That would be me. My sister lives in Biggin Hill and that was us on the way to pick up me old mum who is in Chislehurst.

Never thought I'd be featured on this forum. ;)

My first thought was your car but I thought you lived miles away.

Looking very clean mate, mine was the filthy black A2 going the opposite direction.

My first thought was your car but I thought you lived miles away.

Looking very clean mate, mine was the filthy black A2 going the opposite direction.

Sorry we must've been deep in conversation as I didn't see you. Yes you're correct I'm 420 miles from home.

Quick heads up Murdo, when and if you go through the Dartford tunnel on your way home don't forget to go on line and pay your dart charge, you'll have a nice fine on your doormat otherwise!
Cheers jeff

Quick heads up Murdo, when and if you go through the Dartford tunnel on your way home don't forget to go on line and pay your dart charge, you'll have a nice fine on your doormat otherwise!
Cheers jeff

Yep, I've been stung by this. Luckily they accept that it's not wholly clear what you're supposed to do, so they'll waive the penalty if you pay the £2.50 crossing within a short period of receiving the penalty. They'll only let you off once, though. What I hadn't realised until recently is that you can pay the crossing in advance. You call/go online and enter your car's registration and buy however many crossings you need.

Tom

Yep, I've been stung by this. Luckily they accept that it's not wholly clear what you're supposed to do, so they'll waive the penalty if you pay the £2.50 crossing within a short period of receiving the penalty. They'll only let you off once, though. What I hadn't realised until recently is that you can pay the crossing in advance. You call/go online and enter your car's registration and buy however many crossings you need.

Tom

Good point

I set up an account and it does it automatically no need to worry about then.

Thanks. I'm down here infrequently but still regularly enough. Last visit was March and I've a couple of dart charge credits from then. I'll find out if they're still valid soon!

Back