Black point handout time

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ade B

OK, it's Friday. That might bias my rant somewhat - and I'm only an occasional forum visitor - but as an everyday A2 driver (2000 miles a month) I feel entitled to release a bit of steam with like-minded folk!

I need to find a new Audi franchise to deal with. Took the A2 in last week to have problem wiper seen to (old-style wiper, was hitting bottom of screen trim, breaking wiper spoiler).

FIRST black point was that they had forgotten to make someone available to run me back the four miles to my office.

SECOND black point came when I had to ring THEM (seven hours later) to find out what was happening with the car.

THIRD black point - after having the car all day, all they had done was to make a slight adjustment to the angle of the wiper; no replacement spoiler. On drive home in heavy rain, wiper no longer wipes, more a kind of mournful drag and judder across the screen. Excessive wind noise when wiper parked.

FOURTH black point - see the interior in daylight next morning and find what looks like a coffee mug stain on the driver's seat (I have beige upholstery). Ring garage, explain both problems.

FIFTH black point - car arrives back at Oxford Audi yesterday. No apology for stain, explanation of how it might have got there, nothing. They set cleaning lad on to it. Service manager doesn't seem to understand problem with wiper, despite the fact it can be heard above the radio. Finally manage to get them to fit new wiper blade assembly (but not floppy wiper) complete with spoiler (why didn't they do this last week?) Oh, and by this morning, stain still not out properly. Now I'm tempted to suggest they should replace the seat (since I believe the covers can't be removed separately). There was no work to do inside the car, so how did the stain get there (not even as if the inside had been vacuumed and cleaned properly anyway).

I'll be up for my first service within a couple of months - AVS now showing 6800 miles with 24700 on the clock (it's a TDI, May '02). Don't feel like using Oxford Audi. Anyone have any suggestions in the locality? Swindon Audi wasn't great on the sales side, but are they any good on service?

2002 A2 1.4TDI SE
Pine green/beige

Oh God!
Mines booked in at Oxford Audi on Tuesday having decided to give them a try after not getting good service at Swindon.
I'll let you know how i get on.But in the meentime there must be a good dealer somewhere within the Audi network must'nt there!!

[8D]
Yep
But it is in Thornaby on Tees, North England.

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Soon to be ex-A2 owner - but nevertheless extremely satisfied with my experience

ALL OK!
Just got my A2 back from Oxford Audi and all seems fine.It's got to go back because a part needs ordering but other than that it's all OK.Even got washed proper[8D]ly!
Might even try them at service time.

Just had mine serviced at Audi in Northampton. Must say how good they were.
Loaned me a 53 plate A4 2.0FSi, changed a tyre on the spot and gave her a great clean.
Service was £270 inc all in.

May go there again after another 30,000 !!!

2002 TDi SE, Dolphin Grey,Black/grey interior,climate,CD.

Puma,

Good to hear you had a good experience with Northampton Audi.

I currently have a VW Lupo 1.4 TDI PD Sport, but unfortunately, it was mortally wounded in an accident last week. Therefore, need to start looking for a replacement, thus my interest in the possibility of becoming an Audi A2 owner.

I purchase my (VW Approved) Lupo from Wayside (in Milton Keynes), and I have to say I was never happy with the service (usually because they always needed to order a part). So, I'm wondering if this blight will also affect Wayside Audi? Strange this considering VAG's offices are just a stone's throw away!

Hmm, wonder where VAG company car owners get their servicing done?

Cheers,

YipYazoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back