Body Kit Trial Fit

After owning my genuine body kit since October, I thought I should take a look at how it looks on my A2 Sport with 17" RS6 wheels.. I have to say, I'm impressed. Before seeing this in the flesh I was part torn as to whether I should sell the kit and make a bit of cash or take the plunge and get it fitted.

The front and rear skirts fit very well indeed - the side skirts are more problematic and will no doubt cause more issues if fitted.

I think after seeing how it looks, it'll be getting fitted. What's your opinions?

Ian

DSCF1309.jpg

DSCF1310.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

No sorry, doesn't do it for me. In my opinion the lines of the A2 look great - why change it?

when you look at the boy racers around today in their hatchbacks, they have bodykits bolted on to make their cars "individual", I think most bodykits look just like "add-ons"

I'd sell it & get the cash.

Phil

WHY??????????????
Thats actually made me really angry
I can't even bring myself to look at it again, its monstrous
Take it back to Halfords quick

I have to agree,

the lines of the A2 are very nice, why not spent the money on the inside, get some nice leather seats, tinted windows etc, you will have more benefit of that,

but the wheels are nice :cool:

But whatever you do, do it because of what you want to do, not what others tell you to do ;) ;) ;)

there are subtile changes and brute changes

I agree on the full body kit, but a nice rear spoiler or a nice difuser can look good

Squadron Leader said:
No sorry, doesn't do it for me. ... I think most bodykits look just like "add-ons"
Phil
Thanks for the input Phil, I generally agree with you on this matter and am not in favour on the 'non manufacturer look'. However, in this case, I think the kit does look OEM (it is sold by Audi afterall) - its styling is the same as all other S-Line kits applied to various models throughout the range (extended lower lips all-round).

Havank said:
I have to agree,

the lines of the A2 are very nice, why not spent the money on the inside, get some nice leather seats, tinted windows etc, you will have more benefit of that,

but the wheels are nice :cool:

But whatever you do, do it because of what you want to do, not what others tell you to do ;) ;)
They are indeed, and window tints are indeed on the list.. Leather seats - I'd love them, but the £1000's needed for such a mod simply can't be justified for me.

Yup, I'm very pleased with the wheels - everyone that's commented on them has said how well they suit the 'chunky' look of the A2. Once again, I didn't choose non-OEM style wheels. Modding in my book is all bout making sure it looks as if it was meant to be like that from the factory :)

Keep the comments coming folks.. even if I will end up running off to hide!

I fully agree with the oem style moding,

but i think you must be able to better on the 1000

My son did a two tone leather upgrade in his corsa (front and back) for about 400 plus a 200 upgrade for tinted windows

so it must be possible to it for less then a 1000

and yes he also bought a full combat body style kit for his corsa, but i could talk him out of that :D the money was better spend on wheels and the other upgrades like a duel exhaust etc

Just dug out some pics I found on AutoTrader a while back of a silver A2 with a fully sprayed and fitted kit - for comparison obviously :p

media.jpeg

media2.jpeg

Hi Ian,

In my opinion, I have to agree with you and say that the kit looks quite impressive. Being an OEM, it has been tailored around the lines of the car and this is clearly evident in your pictures.

I do agree with the comments of others referencing the beautiful lines of the car in standard form, but as I am keen on ‘modding’ myself, if I was in your position I would seriously be tempted to have it fitted.

The term ‘style’ is individually interpreted and whilst this body kit might not be to everyone’s taste, there are plenty of people who will appreciate the look. If you like it Ian, bite the bullet and have it fitted, after all it is you who will be looking at it every day.:)

Cheers,

Darren

Remember that it will upset the aerodynamics and will cost mpg because of that and the weight. Audi spent millions getting the weight and Cd down. Also it may wear all the paint off where you fix it. I used to put bodykits on my cars 20 years ago but I'm grown up now.

I like it, and I'll be fitting mine when it is delivered.

The front lip makes the most impact and corrects a major deficiency in the A2's look. The sides look a bit chunky, I would have liked them to be more subtle; Think E36 M3 vs normal (except the tear drop shape side mirrors). If there was ever a production S2 (we all knew it only went as far as a badge), this kit would have been standard. The kit would be really subtle if it wasn't for the side skirts. However, the kit does set it apart from a typical A2 and looks more sporty.

I also think it is very much inline with the rest of the Audi S-line range, take a look at an S-line A4 and a low end non body coloured bumper one and you get the idea. Especially being a silver A2, it hides the black plastics. Why I specifically did not want silver/light colour A2. The black plastic parts makes the car look far too tall.

As for aero, I'm not sure how much impact the skirts can make, neither do I think the rear makes any real difference unless the underside current is so bad, then you're better off having it completely covered and a diffuser to line up your exit air flow. The major difference will be the front lip but does it make any difference for me when I drive in 30mph zone most of the time? Not eating so much pie myself will save more fuel!

And the weight argument, the A2 was a designed to be a light wieght luxury, not a strip down bare bone 'green' car. It was always meant to be like an A8 - luxury and desirable but not overweight. Most importantly, to prove aluminum spaceframe is a viable mass production method. If having a bit of extra weight/fuel efficiency is such an issue, then you really should not have A/C (save that large radiator and pump) for a start then rid of electric windows ... no more than 2 speakers ... etc. Drive the 1.2, swap for a much smaller battery and have an empty boot at all time.

humps said:
The front lip makes the most impact and corrects a major deficiency in the A2's look.

On that I agree as from the front (especially in silver) the car can look a bit 'odd', but shift round to the side just a foot or two and all looks much more in proportion.

humps said:
The kit would be really subtle if it wasn't for the side skirts. However, the kit does set it apart from a typical A2 and looks more sporty.
That is true, they are very chunky - although I do think they're therefore in-keeping with the wheel arches.

humps said:
I also think it is very much inline with the rest of the Audi S-line range, take a look at an S-line A4 and a low end non body coloured bumper one and you get the idea. Especially being a silver A2, it hides the black plastics. Why I specifically did not want silver/light colour A2. The black plastic parts makes the car look far too tall.
Indeed:
0,10114,363538,00.jpg

a4-ava-3.jpg

humps said:
As for aero, I'm not sure how much impact the skirts can make, neither do I think the rear makes any real difference unless the underside current is so bad, then you're better off having it completely covered and a diffuser to line up your exit air flow.
I doubt they make much difference with regards to airflow given they don't lower the car to any degree. The only area of concern is how the rear valance could act as a sail as there is no direct contact between the 'leading edge' and the existing rear bumper.

I forgot to mention, what's your plan on the rear tow hole? The kit doesn't come with a new cover, right? I'm thinking we're supposed to take it out and use the existing one.

Back