Booming Noise

Colin 540

A2OC Donor
England
I only noticed this noise when I turned the radio off because it sounds like a single bass beat. It doesn't start happening until the engine is warmed up and only happens when I touch the accelerator. But if its a fault I want to get it sorted.
The trouble is, its the sort of thing that the garage will probably never hear because its intermittent and only happens when the car has been running for about 15 minutes, and they will probably think I'm just being neurotic
Has anyone else had the same thing?

Cheers
Colin

I only noticed this noise when I turned the radio off because it sounds like a single bass beat. It doesn't start happening until the engine is warmed up and only happens when I touch the accelerator. But if its a fault I want to get it sorted.
The trouble is, its the sort of thing that the garage will probably never hear because its intermittent and only happens when the car has been running for about 15 minutes, and they will probably think I'm just being neurotic
Has anyone else had the same thing?

Cheers
Colin

I would assume that you have the TDI engine?

This is a common "problem" most people ignore it, because as you say the radio has to be off to notice it.

I will try and track down the relevant thread that discusses this (If I can beat the master (Spike) to it!!!)

Steve B

Thanks steve, seen a lot on here about "MOOING " noise, now I know what they are refering to, will read up on threads.
Sorry yes TDi 75 bhp sport.

Cheers
Colin

You could try changing the rubber mounts on the EGR valve. Audi did this for me under warranty and it seemed to dull the noise somewhat.

Back