Boot locking oddity - any advice?

iainmd

Having noticed that the boot was not auto-locking with the doors when the speed-related security central locking engaged I assumed it was the coding that wasn't right (shouldn't have worried as it was Mike that coded it ;-)

After visiting a local VAG-COM chap he confirmed that it was coded correctly and when he took it for a test drive it seemed to work. Whenever I have tested it however, it doesn't work.

The main central locking works perfectly with both the remote and the switch on the drivers door. Does anyone have any idea as to what's causing the apparently intermittent issue with the speed/security central locking?

Thanks.

Does the boot lock everytime when you normally lock the car ????, as you may have a faulty switch on the boot lock. I've just changed mine as it wasn't regestering that the boot was open so no interior light and after a short time would relock if i only opened the boot, may not be the same problem but i think you can check this switch on the vagcom

Cheers Phil

I had to replace the boot lock on my car because the integral microswitch failed. The boot light did not work and if the car was unlocked with the remote and the boot opened first it would trigger the alarm after a few seconds. I don't have the autolocking feature activated but suspect this would have been affected as well

Cheers Spike

Does the boot lock everytime when you normally lock the car ????, as you may have a faulty switch on the boot lock. I've just changed mine as it wasn't regestering that the boot was open so no interior light and after a short time would relock if i only opened the boot, may not be the same problem but i think you can check this switch on the vagcom

Cheers Phil

I'll check the operation of that switch. Thanks chaps. Input very much appreciated.

Back