Boot space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonph

I need to replace our 2-door car for forthcoming first baby, we're thinking about an A2 but not yet sure the boot is big enough to cope with push-chairs, bags, shopping etc. that one tends to carry around with a baby.

Does anyone have any experience?, can anyone say either way if it is big enough?, we don't want to be cramming the stuff in every time.

thank you

Ask your midwife to make sure it is only one baby you are having? You could always lft one seat to get more room. I think you would have to shop around for a pushchair that will fit..?

Thanks midwifetwin, only one inbound infant. A2 boot looks deep enough top to bottom; but not convinced about the width so I was hoping some experienced A2 owners / parents could give me real-world experience.

I'm sure mr Audi (insert dealer name here) won't mind you taking your push-chair to the dealer and trying to fit it in... but they'll point you to an A6 Avant!!! hehehe... Sad to say I think you will struggle to fit a push-chair as the A2 is narrower than most cars...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

It depends on the buggy/pushchair you have. We have a britax triumph which collapses down and fits in the boot no problem with plenty of space for bags as well. We also have a larger 3-wheeler with big tyres that just fits in. Best to try it out first at the dealer as Johann suggests!

We have Graco Mirage Pushchair and that fits in no problem, and even more space if you remove the axle wheels.
Anything under 96 ins will fit.
I know an Umbrella buggy will not fit.
When we went to look at the A2 that was one of the main concerns/priorities that the buggy will fit and the dealer had no worries about putting the Pushchair in to check fitment.
We have had the car almost 2 months now and have found now space problems what so ever.

Hi,

We took a dealer A2 to the Pushchair Shop and they let us try anything we wanted. There were a few which "just" fitted in but the clear winner and the one which we ordered was the Maclaren Mach 3, three wheel unit. It is one of the few buggies which breaks down in hald. You can stand it up in the boot and still have the other half of the boot left for kit.

We think the A2 wil be fine for one child, we didn't want to conform and buy a Galaxy or C-Max!

Good luck

2004 1.4 tdi se, Dolphin Grey etc etc

Thank you all for your views. We borrowed and A2 and borrowed a Mamas and Papas buggy thing, and it fitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back