Boot won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

widdy

Just come back from doing some shopping and opened the boot. Upon opening it made a funny noise.

Now unable to open at all. It is making a clicking/releasing noise but cannot open.

Have locked and unlocked the car again. Used the middle button and also used the second set of keys all too no avail.

Any ideas or is it a visit to the dealer ASAP.???

Thanks

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

If you haven't done already, call Audi response.
Sounds a mechanical fault.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Sounds like the solenoid has gone or the link from the solenoid to the lock has come loose. If it is the link do not let them fob you off with re-connecting it since it just comes out again - tell them you want a new lock assembly - ours went and after having to re-connect three times myself they changed the lock under warranty.

In the short term you can open the boot using the manual release.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO (1.4 Petrol SE, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys on order) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

What is the manual release ???

A little flap behind the boot lining that allows you to pull the flap open. The manual tells all!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

So RTFM then !!

Anyway the phoned Audi Roadside, found the manual release pull.

He then removed trim panel and found the connecting rod had come out. Re-connected and tested a number of times. If it happens again to ring mechanic and a new part will be ordered and roadside will come out and fit it.

Thanks for all the help.

Give it six weeks!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO (1.4 Petrol SE, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys on order) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back