Bose on ebay

I did notice that system on ebay, but in my opinion it would be a better option going for a set of quality components and a new headunit and possible amp.

I had BOSE fitted as an option in my 2002 audi TT and it wasnt all that.

I have a set of DLS 6.5" components waiting to be fitted into my front doors as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer and possibly fitting a Genesis amplifier and Pioneer headunit when cash is available, and the wife is not looking :D

do you have to do a lot of rewiring, or is it a straight swap and install

especially with the booster in the boot

There are no wires for the booster/subwoofer if you did not had the original Bose-System. You have to remove some sidepanels and coverings for doing the wireing.
Or do retrofit a better Bosesystem, you can't bye, like that: http://forum.a2-freun.de/thread.php?threadid=12136
or use good 6,5" Speakers vor the front and any good subwoofer with extra Amp.

Anyway, the original Bosesystem was a good option but if you want to retrofit any Hifi, you can also do this on your own.
Those orig. 6,3" Bosespeakers are mounted also in the A4 /B5 rear (not first series) and some other cars but damn, you can't buy this frame seperate. This is the big probem with the Audi A2..

Last edited:
If you decide to upgrade the standard speakers with some 6.5" speakers, you can use the autoleads SAK-1107 6.5" speaker adaptors.

They are around £15-£20 the pair.

manhattan$ said:
If you decide to upgrade the standard speakers with some 6.5" speakers, you can use the autoleads SAK-1107 6.5" speaker adaptors.

They are around £15-£20 the pair.
Sorry, but they won't fit.

See the Problem on the picture. The otehr thing is: The orig. speaker is mounted with four scews and they are closer together on the top than the two downwards.
They say they fit. But they don't Also one german website offers adapter, but they realy don't fit

oh, you can built the speaker adaptors yourselfe as I did. I even sold them (when I had the time do built them). Most simple, is to use the original Speaker as adapter. (cut out the membrane and magnet)

Back