Bose System

sof

Hi. I`m a newbee from Norway. I just sold my 2002 A8 and bought a 2005 90 hp TDI. Yesterday i was cleaning the car and tried to get familiar with it. Then i discovered that there was a bose sub next to the battery, but it was not working. I then found this A2OC on the net. I found some really useful topics about the bose subject. After that i checked in the car and found the following equipment:

- Navi Plus (Hardware RNS 4.2 Software 0140)

- Bose W10 Amplifier (8Z0 035 223 A) (Located on a bracket in passenger floor)

- A loose 2 metre long cable with a connector that fit in the Bose amplifier.

- Bose speakers in the doors

There are no CD changer in the car, just a DIN slot next to the battery. I`m not keen on buying a cd changer. I would like to fit a IPod instead. The Bose amplifier is not connected to anything. At the moment i can play radio in all the speakers exept the sub. It looks to me that there is a small amplifier next to the Bose amplifier. I went to my local Audi dealer today to get some help. They told me that my Navi Plus unit will not work with the bose system because it didn`t say "Bose" when they switched it on. They also told me that it is not possible to integrate a IPod since there is no TV tuner in the car. After reading topics in this forum very in doubt. I think the Audi dealer is wrong.

Do i have what is needed to get a complete Boose system ?

Does my Navi Plus fit to this system ?

Can i use a Dension Ice-link for a Ipod and operate it from this Navi Plus ?

I am sorry about my poor English but i give it a try. Takes to mouch time to look in the dictionary all the time.

Hope that somebody can give me some advice.

Thanks for a very useful forum.

Back