Bracket supporting int.cooler hose broken.

Fredaudi

A2OC Donor
Hi, everyone.Today I found a bracket mounted on the engineblock broken.It is for supporting a hose to the intercooler.There was some oil around, and I wonder if this (hopefully) could be the source for it.
Oil was mostly around under the bottom of the intercooler and on the hose itself.
The undertray was also pretty soaked.
Could anyone tell me the part number for this bracket with two 10mm bolts holding it?
I could not find it in Aud7zap.
5D2A28E8-5E5F-460B-ABB3-3DE526AAD59A.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you! On my way to the Audi dealer soon.Pretty important to keep this fixed and stable.
Hopefully the leak is from the connections, when the hose has been dancing around..

I would be mildly concerned that the oil within the intercooler pipework is coming from upstream - ie the turbo. Don't want to worry you overly - I'm not an expert but I did have an oil leak from the turbo in my AMF so this came to mind. More expert people will be along soon! best of luck, Robin

Thank you, think I could use some luck..and I am absolutely less of an expert, than most people on this forum.

From what I understand, the intercooler is a weak point, the rocker gasket, the Turbo, and the tandem pump gasket are usual suspects.
If the leak was from above, would not the alubody of the intercooler also be soaked in oil?
So far everything seems normal when driving.

Last edited:
Internally the intercooler very probably has oil. If it is external then you have a far bigger problem. That clamp is the lowest point for the charge air exiting the turbo and acts as a sump catching oil before if ends up in the intercooler and inlet manifold. More importantly that bracket / clamp damps out the pulsing and vibration from reaching the lower end cap on the intercooler. This pulsing and vibration puts strain on the lower end cap which starts to crack and then split open causing a boost leak and limp mode.

To fix this problem with basic tools and items in the shed.
I cut to size some thick aluminium and test mounted it to the sump where the old mount was.
Then marked the position of some cable tie holes. Drill them out on the bench. Then protected the intercooler pipe with rubber to reduce abrasion. Fitted the new mount and cable tied the pipework to the mount.
Not given it a thought since.
Good luck

Thanks for your tips and tricks!
At least the pressure pipe going up and backwards after the pressure hose with the mount was clean and dry.
I used a stainless lock strip to fasten the hose to where the bracket is/was and some bicycle tube to secure it from ware and contact with the moving enginesump.Then some tightening on the jubilee clips.
Cleaning as good as possible everywhere.
Best outcome would be that this is from the hoseconnections, second best, a broken intercooler.
How mutch oil is there in the intercooler?

Last edited:
Hallo,
Takk for svaret.
Jeg snakker ikke norsk, (Google translate til unnsetning).
Som hvordan du fester røret ved hjelp av klips og gummirør.
Intercooleren kan ha litt olje i seg, men på grunn av designet, med inntaket i den nedre enden, bør oljen alltid renne til der du gjorde reparasjonen av rørmonteringen.

Beste ønsker
Andy

Hello,
Thanks for your reply .
I do not speak Norwegian, (Google translate to the rescue).
Like how you secure the pipe using clips and rubber inner tube.
The intercooler may have some oil in it but because of the design, with the inlet at the lower end, oil should always drain to where the you made the pipe mount repair.

All the best
Andy

Hallo,
Takk for svaret.
Jeg snakker ikke norsk, (Google translate til unnsetning).
Som hvordan du fester røret ved hjelp av klips og gummirør.
Intercooleren kan ha litt olje i seg, men på grunn av designet, med inntaket i den nedre enden, bør oljen alltid renne til der du gjorde reparasjonen av rørmonteringen.

Beste ønsker
Andy

Hello,
Thanks for your reply .
I do not speak Norwegian, (Google translate to the rescue).
Like how you secure the pipe using clips and rubber inner tube.
The intercooler may have some oil in it but because of the design, with the inlet at the lower end, oil should always drain to where the you made the pipe mount repair.

All the best
Andy
Did my explanation look like is was in Norwegian!? Little bit of stress here, and then my English goes into "Norwglish"
I did not have time and equipment to make a permanent solution for the pressure hose.What I did, was to turn the broken bracket left on the sump upside down, to make space for a stainless steel lock strap that now hold the hose up.
Further down the hose I wrapped 2 rounds of bicycle rubber tube to avoid it from having contact with the sump.Mounted that with jubilee clips.
I have ordered a new bracket, but its a weak construction.The heat from the sump, make the plastic britle over time.

Last edited:
I checked your location, sorry if my reply was inconsiderate.
Norwglish ?
Fixing a broken part with items at hand is a skill to be proud of.

Hi, everyone.Today I found a bracket mounted on the engineblock broken.It is for supporting a hose to the intercooler.There was some oil around, and I wonder if this (hopefully) could be the source for it.
Oil was mostly around under the bottom of the intercooler and on the hose itself.
The undertray was also pretty soaked.
Could anyone tell me the part number for this bracket with two 10mm bolts holding it?
I could not find it in Aud7zap.
View attachment 82269
I have the same issue as this . Oil at the joint of this hose but have checked and the joint is sealed properly . It isn't a huge amount - a couple drips per day - and oil level hasn't really changed. Going to order the correct bracket and also investigate further where the oil is coming from . Has had a new intercooler fitted before I bought the car so hoping it's not that ,but from what I can see whoever has fitted the intercooler has left quite a few of the securing clips for the surrounding panel etc as the full assembly appears to have quite a bit of movement . Hopefully replacing this bracket and securing the rest will solve it.

Does anyone have the part number for the two mounting bolts to secure this bracket onto the engine? Edit - think I've found it n01021527.

Last edited:
Bracket 6N0145812A Washer N 01152426 Bolt N 01021527
I have the same issue as this . Oil at the joint of this hose but have checked and the joint is sealed properly . It isn't a huge amount - a couple drips per day - and oil level hasn't really changed. Going to order the correct bracket and also investigate further where the oil is coming from . Has had a new intercooler fitted before I bought the car so hoping it's not that ,but from what I can see whoever has fitted the intercooler has left quite a few of the securing clips for the surrounding panel etc as the full assembly appears to have quite a bit of movement . Hopefully replacing this bracket and securing the rest will solve it.
Think we have the right numbers.Bracket 6N0145812A Washer N 01152426 Bolt N 01021527
Looks like you could have a similar isssue as I have, I will change the intercooler now, mine is a aftermarked, and they do not last to long.Would prefer Timmus all alu intercooler, but at this stage, I will use the resources to find the minor leak.New intercooler, New(and better) Bosch tandem pump.Probably rocker gasket at a point.
I do not know if you read my other thread " soot and oil building up around glow plug" Did you have any of this build up?

Bracket 6N0145812A Washer N 01152426 Bolt N 01021527

Think we have the right numbers.Bracket 6N0145812A Washer N 01152426 Bolt N 01021527
Looks like you could have a similar isssue as I have, I will change the intercooler now, mine is a aftermarked, and they do not last to long.Would prefer Timmus all alu intercooler, but at this stage, I will use the resources to find the minor leak.New intercooler, New(and better) Bosch tandem pump.Probably rocker gasket at a point.
I do not know if you read my other thread " soot and oil building up around glow plug" Did you have any of this build up?
No I don't have the other issues you appear to have . Just slight oil build up on this lower hose . My intercooler is new but haven't checked to see if it is aftermarket or not . Need to replace the horn on mine as well so intend stripping the front end and trying to get all these jobs done .

That is good news for your problem, I guess. Hard to ident. small leaks, and as Audifan mentioned, leaks from rocker gasket, turbo, etc, will end up around the hose from the intercooler, and in the manifold.I have to make a real investigation, as the oil I found was fresh and showing up on the dipstick level.
You will find some info on how to upgrade the horn in this forum, some choose to make it two tone.I think the original one suit a little city car.Maybe Audi got the inspiration from an old Fiat 500?

Last edited:
I've just been informed by my local tps that this bracket is now discontinued so no longer available and Audi have no stock !

Same bracket is also fitted to some Arosa, Lupo and Polo. Perhaps one of their dealers may have some stock?

Back