Brake Fluid Service / General Service Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

psampson

My A2 is about to reach its specified date for brake fluid replacement. My VSI is still at the 19,000 limit, so I don't want to incorperate a full service with the brake service. However, due to a deal I cooked up with my dealer, when I bought my car, I have the option of 3 'free' services.

What I'd like to know is how much have people been charged for the brake fluid service, and the general cost of the initial and subsequent services.

The car has done 23K (but the engine oil was replaced at 9K and 13K) due to a mix up when the car was purchased (i.e. ex-demo serviced before I collected it, set to standard interval and then reverted to VSI when I complained).

For the record, it's a TDi.

Thanks,
Paul.

2001 Silver TDi w/ Climate (missing DIS :()
2002 Black TDi w/ Climate (BOSE / 6 CD changer - FOC :D)

Why does the brake fluid have to be replaced ?? I've done 33k km's and I don't need to replace the fluid, I think. Dis still indicates 15000 km to go...

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

It is recommended that beake fluid is changed every two years as it degrades over time, this dosen't mean at a certain time/duration it will stop working the brakes will just go spongy and only after a very long period will the brake hoses perish..

I intend to have mine done at every service which is just short of two years but near 25000 miles

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

The fluid absorbs water and if too much water is absorbed when braking hard the water in the fluid boils leaving you with no brakes at all, not just a spongy pedal (steam is compressible, brake fluid is not). Recommended interval is two years for safety reasons. Ask to see the fluid drained and compare with the new - the difference will surprise you.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

I've done 32K in my A2(TDI) and had the brake fluid service last week at Gatwick Audi cost about £70.I've had the car 2 years from new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back