Brake light switch issue!!!

bABydIvA

Hi all....i'm pretty new to this, but i would really like your advice, seeing as there are alot of experts here.

I recently bought an A2 1.4 se petrol (x-reg) and i sent it to Audi for servicing (300 miles to next variable service when bought) as well as a diagnostic for the exclamation mark that kept flashing at random on my dashboard. They have come back to me with a series of faults on the car (very expensive faults i must say).

I was quoted £430.16 to repair the fault with the brake light switch and acceleration sensor :mad:. Is this a normal quote or can i get it done for cheaper?

please help :confused: !!

thanks.

On your car, the acceleration sensor and yaw sensor are separate items (from part way through 2002, they became a combnined unit), so in your case, although a brake switch is less than a tenner, the acceleration sensor is an additional £120!

Add on labour (at around £100 per hour for Audi) and you'll soon be up to theie figure.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I am on my way this evening to pick up the car from Audi, so i'll get more information about the acceleration sensor.

As for the brake light switch, is that something that i can fix myself (pls bear in mind this is my first car, and no knowledge about doing these things!)

thanks alot!

Last edited:
As for the brake light switch, is that something that i can fix myself (pls bear in mind this is my first car, and no knowledge about doing these things!)

thanks alot!

Access to the brake light switch requires removal of a couple of trim panels. (one underneath the dash and one along the bottom of the door opening) Although its not difficult there is some technique involved so personally I would not recommend you tackle this without assistance from someone with more experience.

Cheers Spike

As Spike rightly says, if you're not up on Audi panel dismantling techniques, leave it to someone who is!

The job can actually be done without fully removing any panels and would take (me) around 5 minutes to do, but you do need to be carefull and know what you're doing.

One of the better sources of help down your way would be Sarge, who has rebuilt Shoby (his A2) from a fire-damaged shell, so he is pretty adept at this kind of thing.

Cheers,

Mike

Access to the brake light switch requires removal of a couple of trim panels. (one underneath the dash and one along the bottom of the door opening) Although its not difficult there is some technique involved so personally I would not recommend you tackle this without assistance from someone with more experience.

Cheers Spike

I would agree with you in this regard, spike. Though it is not difficult, still it is better to have some assistance from an experience one, so that you won't be having further problems. Hope this helps

Thanks all for the reply. I think i would be tackling the problems one after the other, as i'm strapped for cash at the moment!

please how do i get in touch with Sarge who you recommended?

Hi there, Sorry missed this page from this thread, I have PM'd you bABydIvA, let know if I can be of help ;)

Thanks for the recommendation Gents :)

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back