Brake warning light

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing about 60mph on a dual carriageway when the car lurched as if the brakes had been applied for a millisecond or so, then the brake warning light was displayed on the DIS. I stopped at a layby and switched off the engine, to confirm in the handbook that it was in fact a brake warning light (never seen it before). I drove off again, no warning light. I've done about 200 miles over two days with no problems or warnings. Any ideas?

Well I have never seen this. Maybe drop it to your dealer to have them check everything , best to be safe then sorry...

JD

you must try to reset the memory fault log with a vag... sometimes work:)

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav|Winter|ABT

I've been to see Mr Audi. I am told that the diagnostic tester would not show a fault if the warning light is no longer showing, and that there would be no fault logged in the memory. So no problem. Unless you know different! There does not appear to be a problem now. These modern cars are just too clever!

Well hollyrescue , Mr Audi is telling you porkys. All faults are logged and store in the CPU unless they are cleared. If you know anyone with VAG-COM get them to quickly read the faults and see if there is a problem.

JD

jd6677, that's exactly what I thought. I told you that my dealer was not very special (see previous posts). I also told him (in a very friendly manner) that he would be unlikely to get further business from me due to the extremely high cost of my first service. He agreed it was a very high charge and smiled!

Hi from previous experience on my A2 this warning light can come on if the switch under the brake pedal becomes faulty.
This will also cause your brake lights to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back