Bump stops

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
Hi this will probably get answered by Schnelletrecker but you never know, i've got the SE and was going to fit FSD's plus Weitecs 30/00 are the rears the same as the sport (height) and if so i would just need to get the sport rear bump stops and wouldn't need to cut them down? Yes or No :rolleyes:

Cheers Phil

just getting my parts list together

Hi this will probably get answered by Schnelletrecker but you never know, i've got the SE and was going to fit FSD's plus Weitecs 30/00 are the rears the same as the sport (height) and if so i would just need to get the sport rear bump stops and wouldn't need to cut them down? Yes or No :rolleyes:

Cheers Phil

just getting my parts list together

Hello,

in case of Weitec 30/00 the rear springs always remain stock height (be it standard height or sport springs by Audi or rear springs made by SPIDAN). For that the stock rear bumpstops don't have to be altered in length.

But with the Weitec 30 mm lowering springs at front you need to cut the stock front PUR bumpstops by 30 mm each => a 1-minute job :)

Hello,

in case of Weitec 30/00 the rear springs always remain stock height (be it standard height or sport springs by Audi or rear springs made by SPIDAN). For that the stock rear bumpstops don't have to be altered in length.

So the rears are the same height in the SE as the SPORT?, or will they take my chassis number to find out which one i have and send the SE as i have that model? sorry to act dumb:confused:, just thought they might have been the sport height rears

Cheers Phil

So the rears are the same height in the SE as the SPORT?, or will they take my chassis number to find out which one i have and send the SE as i have that model? sorry to act dumb:confused:, just thought they might have been the sport height rears

Yes I think that these yellow PUR bumpstops feature always the same height - both in case of "SE" or "sport".

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=70725#post70725

But if there was a shorter than standard length bumstop for the Audi "sport" suspension, it would only be ca. 15 mm shorter than normal (because the "sport" springs of Audi only achieve about 15 mm of real lowering).

So you would have to shorten these regular front Audi "sport"-bumpstops by 15 mm anyway to comply with the Weitec 30/00 springs lowering rate.

Back