Button above the petrol tank opening button

wizard

Guys,

My alarm has been going off lately and seems a little too sensitive.
A colleague at work said to press the alarm sensitivity button next to the petrol tank opening button but he werent sure how you adjust the sensitivity of it.

Can someone let me know if im talking jibberish,

that button is to disable the interior motion sensor, e.g. leave a dog in a locked car (with enough ventilation, i hope). It is described in the manual that comes with the car, if you have one.

You need a diagnostic scan to see which alarm trigger has set off the alarm. It could be anyone of the sensors and I wouldn't want to speculate. Is there a known pattern that your alarm goes off or is it completely random?

Its so annoying
It randomly goes off but when i notice it more is early hours of the morning.
I asked the Mrs if she accidently pressed the button when filling up with petrol and she said she did, so i asked her to press it again but for some reason my alarm still seems to go off.

What else can cause the alarm to go off like that, i havnt messed around with the alarm ever and never had this problem before.

Check the bonnet service flap to ensure its fully closed. Take a look at the red LED in the drivers door when locking the car. It should flash rapidly for approx 30 sec then settle to a slower flash rate. If it lights continuously for the first 30 sec this indicates there is a problem with the central locking or interior monitor. Next step would be a diagnostic scan.
One other thing. Is there a muted beeping sound when the car is first started as this could indicate a problem with the alarm siren

Cheers Spike

Guys

I figured it out
The problem lies with the front flap
It doesnt close tight enough to push the sensor in when the flap is closed.
I noticed that when i lock the car the lights do not flash which indicates there is something open. I then pushed the front flap tighter then locked the car and the lights flashed as normal.

Now the problem is how do i get the flap to close tighter so it pushes against the sensor?

It's adjustable!

There's a little cross-head screw by the prong on the flap - undo this, adjust the sticky-out bit of plastic and tighten the screw again.

You'll get there eventually!!

Cheers,

Mike

Guys thanks for your help once again
I adjusted the latch that holds the front flap and it now closes nice and tight and my alarm no longer comes on.

Thanks for all your help.

Back