Buying a 2005 a2 1.4 petrol...have a question

911flyer

So the car is in decent condition. We drove it and it seemed ok. But there are two things that concern me a little.

- motor almost sounds like a tdi. When you rev the engine it sounds normal,mouth drive it on low Rpms and it sounds like a diesel. Even on idled it's like that. Normal?

- makes noise right front, as if something is loose, but apparently there isn't.

Seller says that he has run the motor noise on a forum and it's has been said that the 1.4 petrol engines make this noise and that its normal.

Apparently according to seller the noise in the front was undetectable by mechanics, he has tried to have it fixed. They think it's the plastic plate, but in my opinion it's a little more metallic in sound.

Like stated the car is a 2005
It has the big sun roof
No real equipment otherwise
S-line
180,000km....

Is that t too much of a risk?

My 1.4 petrol purred like a kitten and the engine noise was non-audible from inside the car. It sounds liek there's a problem with the car you are thinking of purchasing and the buyer seems to be pulling all the old lines to cover it up. It may eb a genuine car but from your description i'd be wary.

My 1.4 petrol purred like a kitten and the engine noise was non-audible from inside the car. It sounds liek there's a problem with the car you are thinking of purchasing and the buyer seems to be pulling all the old lines to cover it up. It may eb a genuine car but from your description i'd be wary.

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. I will have to have the car checked up then before the purchase... Don't want a lemon...lol

Back