Buying a used A2

E

endac

Hi folks!

I'm a newbie, sorry if I posted in the wrong part of the forum!

I'm looking at buying a used A2 as my first car, I've always loved the build and have gotten really into them lately as the prices have been dropping.

However, I wanted to know from some seasoned Audi A2 drivers, what sort of milage should I be looking at for a used A2, what should I look out for before buying and just some general advice, really.

So in regards to milage, how much is too much for the little 1.4 engine? I've seen a few A2's with 70-something thousand miles and some with 80,000 - aside from the engine, the cars are in perfect condition. Are they still worth buying or would maintenance be too much?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum, take a look on the 'hints and tips' section of 'forums' and you will find a thread entitled 'buying and owning an A2' this has lots of great information and was a worthy starting point for many of us when searching out our ideal A2! With regard to mileage - providing the car has been correctly maintained do not be concerned about mileages towards 100k - you sound like you are after a bargain and that kind of mileage is where they may be had as some will always be put off by a mileage reading approaching 6 figures. There is added longevity in the diesel engines and they are generally more reliable - however you'll pick up a 1.4 petrol a good bit cheaper on a like for like model/spec basis. Good luck finding one - the best tip I can give you is to be for more picky about the service history/ownership records and overall condition of the car than what the speedo is reading and take your time.

Theres normally 300 odd A2's for sale on the usual classifieds at any given time, so even though its a comparitively rare car on the roads now theres still a fair choice unless you are wanting a specific model or specification.

Back