bye bye a2

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sos10

With great sadnesss I have sold my A2.......

Well it's still mine 'til december, then my new car arrives.
I will miss my A2, I love this car, the design, the attention to detail.....but I need a bigger car. If there was a long version of the A2 (like the A-klasse) I would have bought one, but hélàs.

So what did I buy? I looked around, I didn't want a traditional station wagon...
...Tried the Scenic, didn't like the drive and actually it's not that much bigger then an A2, tried the Espace, nice car, but too big. Tried the Touran, to ugly and terrible driver position, tried the Touareg, love the car but 12 months waiting list for the tdi is way too long, the 3.2 petrol is out of the question, consumes like a Hummer.
I like the BMW x3, but already a long waiting list and too expensive for what it offers (in size)

In the end I got myself a Toyota Rav4 5dr 2.0 d-4d Sol with leather interior. I never thought I would buy a Toyota, but was pleasantly surprised. The interiour quality is far from the A2, but it's roomy, looks nice, drives well, nice high driver position, nicely equipped, 8 airbags and so on..

But I know I'm going to miss my A2, The last few weeks I'll be very nice to her.
Just hope that in 2 years from now Audi will come with their own SUV.

A2 driver, Mac user
Image-9459FAC06F7211D7.jpg

quote:
In the end I got myself a Toyota Rav4 5dr 2.0 d-4d Sol with leather interior. I never thought I would buy a Toyota, but was pleasantly surprised. The interiour quality is far from the A2, but it's roomy, looks nice, drives well, nice high driver position, nicely equipped, 8 airbags and so on..

I know, the Toyota interior is far better in the quality stakes when compared to Audi [23][23][23]

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

The Rav4 is very nice indeed, although I prefer the new Mitsubishi Outlander. Hard to compare these cars to the A2 though.

About comparing: is the Rav4 any bigger on the inside than an A2? From what I've read, the boot is only 10 litres bigger. But about 300 litres more with the seats removed, that is significant.
So all the extra length (about 40cm) goes to space for the rear passengers and a longer bonnet?

Anyway, enjoy your A2 while it lasts. I'm sure you'll be happy with a Rav4 too. Not your average car either, so still special, like an A2, in a way.

--
Edo
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

quote:Originally posted by swiv

About comparing: is the Rav4 any bigger on the inside than an A2? From what I've read, the boot is only 10 litres bigger. But about 300 litres more with the seats removed, that is significant.
So all the extra length (about 40cm) goes to space for the rear passengers and a longer bonnet?
The A2 has 390 to 1140 litres boot capacity (Without a spare tyre!)
The Rav4 (5 door, not the small 3 door) has 678 to 1909 litres.

A2 driver, Mac user
Image-9459FAC06F7211D7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back