Bye Bye Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
Just to keep you all up to date, unfortunately the forthcoming sale of the club and forum has fallen through. The buyer pulled out due to personal committments which would have meant he would not have had any time to maintain the club.

In addition, my time and funds are now extremely limited. The club and forum will therefore be closing imminently and a final date will be announced shortly.

I hope you have all enjoyed using this forum, it certainly has grown much larger than I ever could have anticpated which just goes to show what a wide range of enthusiastic people own or have owned an A2.

Thanks again for all your support.

Stuart.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

A sad day....

But thanks for the time and effort you put into the forum. You've given us all a wonderfull experience !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I can only second that, despite the fact that I've never actually joined for real...(and still feel kind of sorry for that ;))

Thank you, Stuart, really.

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Stuart, this forum has been a significant part of my enjoyment of my A2 so far. If I did not have a 3 month old daughter eating up most of my free time, I would certainly offer my assistance to keep one of the best forums on the internet up and running!

How about saving a copy of the MS Access database that sits behind this forum? It surely would be a shame to say the least if this huge archive of information was lost forever! Who knows, I (or someone else?) may have space sometime on a server of my own to resurrect it?!

Many thanks Stuart.

Phil.

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

Phil - Yes of course I will be keeping a copy of the huge database.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

I will really miss it, thanks Stuart for getting it to the current excellent state. It really is a major part of owning an A2 for me

A sad day...

This forum and the main website have been a great font of information, a small community of like minded people, all there to help each other, I will miss the constant banter, the happy arrivals and sad endings,

Hope all will be well and keep in contact..

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

It will be a sad day when the forum and club come to pass, though I can fully understand Stuarts new commitments taking precedent.
Well done Stuart for all the long hours you've put into making this the thriving community it is.

The end of an era..............

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Stuart,

The forum could live forever, if you want it too - free host / free space etc. ;)

Kaine

Thanks Stuart. The forum has been great and an integral part of my A2 enjoyment over the last 4 years of ownership!

Best wishes to all.

Ian

2001 1.4 SE petrol in Brilliant Black, now 2004 Tdi 90 SE in Akoya Silver

Best wishes Stuart. I have really enjoyed my time on this forum, and it has been an absolute pleasure to converse with all of you chaps (not forgetting the ladies of course!)

Just cannot imagine an evening without popping on to see everyones comments, queries and the occasional ranting and raving.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Thanks for all the time and work you invested, Stuart.... Maybe the forum can live on somewhere else...

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

Thanks Stuart for all your efforts. If this forum can not continue where will everyone else be going? I know there are a number of more general Audi forums out there.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Darn it
i just found you in the past week and have read just about every post since in all the subjects and archives. i am picking up our first A2, a 1.4TDI in about 2 hours time and was looking forward to the help as and when i break it.
You seem to have done a very good and worthwhile job here and should be congratulated. Is there no way it can go on??

if not, best of luck

I think there should be a National day of mourning, or more realistically a European-wide day of mourning.A mass rally to parliament (or Stu's house, brass bands to lead the marchers, riots, baton charges, huntsmen and dogs. This could get out of hand! No Brands Hatch?????

I would also be happy to provide free hosting / administration for the forum if so desired. It would be a huge shame to loose this resource. Stuart has done such sterling work to get this off the ground.

fair enough. wish you all well, and maybe we'll see some of you elsewhere....

Bret

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
2002, Petrol 1.4, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue; 215/40 Summer on 7.5x17; 185/55 spiked winter. aftermarket: cruise, lots of LEDs, "under door" lighting, ambient lighting, extra main beams, Fogs, day-driving lights - all my own work. heated seats front and rear, headlamp washers and legal xenon coming soon...check it out at
http://www.a2-freun.de/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=61
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Oh well, it's been a good ride over the years! Thanks to Stuart for keeping it going this long.

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

Been offline for a while due to home PC died and needed reinstall, also became a daddy again to another baby boy.

So when I came back and saw this I felt disheartened because I have enjoyed every minute on the forum since owning my A2 for almost a year. It is a great wealth of knowledge and experiences, certainly saves a trip or a telephone call to the local dealership.

Without Stuart this site would have closed down before it had even got going to its current high membership and input. I take my hat off to Stuart.

I really feel we need to keep this site going, I would love to be involved, but unable to offer my services due to similar circumstances as Stuart D in having a 3yr old and a new born. Plus I used to run a local VW club a number of years ago, before the internet age came along, which folded due to lack of interest.

We should be at Castle Combe 2005 and I for one hope to be there, but lets hope the weather will be a damn sight better.

long may the A2OC reign !!!

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back