Not open for further replies.
Petrol or diesel ? & engine size please
and im sure someone can help you.
If you do a search of the topics for "cambelt"
you may get an instant result as this is a common
question.
all the best.

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

if it's Diesel it's 60,000 miles, and with the cambelt, there is a tensioner and another belt, they recommend.

Audi Bradford, gave me the cheapest quote... followed by Audi Sheffield.

hth

bba

If Audi dealers are too expensive try going to a VW dealer they can do the work just as well i am sure unless of course you still have the Audi warranty in force

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

Even if the warranty is still valid, the recent government ruling stated that customers should not be tied into main dealer servicing in order to maintain a warranty - you can go to any competant mechanic and still make a warranty claim if necessary.

Don't put up with inflated costs - the more people vote with their wallets, the sooner main dealers will reduce their rates to compete.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, all-round fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp), K&N air filter, all round tinting, all-black headlining and retro-fitted cruise control and GALA.(The NEW Tank). Retro-fit Bose coming soon!!! Now if only I could find a TT 3.2litre engine.........
A215.jpg

Sorry Folks,

My 2003 A2 is a 1.4se Petrol, can you please tell me when a Cam Belt change is due, is it a certain mileage or year.

Thanks again

The TDI(75) can't be 60K as we've just had the 2nd service done at 60.5K at the Audi dealer, with no mention of the belt needing changing...

They don't mention it GrayB BUT they will gladly tell you once the thing goes that you voided your warranty. They also don't tell you about the every two year brake fluid change either... I had to tell THEM to change the belt too. It is a crucial thing to do at 60000 and is bloody expensive too...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack

iPAQ 4150 with TomTom+CoPilot bluetooth, rear cupholders, luggage net, fire extinguisher and floppy wiper

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

it's always wise to get any associated components in the belt train changed along with it - there are often tales of a water pump or idler giving up soon after a new belt goes on, the disturbance of the bearings and the tension of the new belt can show up any weaknesses which have developed.

Quite, ULP. THey did tell me that the brake fluid wanted changing - didn't do it though, which surprised me as I thought it was routine. Still, that means I can get my tame mechanic to do it for £27 per hour....

? No my service schedule says it's at 90k (kilometers, so 60k miles). Anyway I have it changed at 100k intervals because it then coincides with the 50k variable service. And they do know what is due when (brake fluid change etc.). In all, very pleased with the car and the service.

Werner
2001 1.4 TDI 75

Mine was definitely changed at 60000 miles and not 80000.

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack

iPAQ 4150 with TomTom+CoPilot bluetooth, rear cupholders, luggage net, fire extinguisher and floppy wiper

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back