Camera(s)

acolwill

I've been having a look at this, and was wondering whether anyone on the forums has fitted any kind of reversing camera system to their A2?

Even something like a separate camera :here: and separate screen

I haven't got one but somewhere I did see a VAG fit camera that goes in place of one of the number plate lights (and still has a light in it) for a stealthy fitment.

I think reversing sensors are better tbh. I now know how much space I can go beyond the solid beep without hitting anything, and think it's easier than a camera.

To me, reversing cameras are a bit gimmicky. The front side cameras on the big BMW's seems to have a better use, as can see round parked cars etc, without edging out too far into the traffic flow.

I don't believe I've got the patience, tools or willpower to attempt a retrofit of parking sensors...

Cameras coming out of the lights sound like a challenge :D

The only retrofit I've seen is my friend's mk5 with a mk6 golf rear view camera (RVC)! The camera is integrated into the hatch release badge which is very cool. The video is then shown on his (retrofit) touchscreen satnav unit. You could give that a go though ;-)

I'm thinking now, about having two cameras situated on the inside of the car, somehow attached under the rear cover for the tailgate, either side of the LED brake light....
OR
Mounted somehow on the inside of the light clusters at the rear.. potential issue with light visibility there tho, unless it's solely on the nearside cluster situated where the non-fog light is at the top.

I shall have a long, hard think. It shouldn't be too hard to draw some power from the reversing light, as that is when it intended use would be!

Cabling to the front of the car would be my main stumbling block :)

Back