Can Audi TT 18" Wheels be fitted to my A2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the knowledge and experience to help me here. I have an Audi A2 1.4 TDi Sport so the wheels I have are the same as the 9 spoke alloys on the TT but 17". Audi tell me it is not possible to just fit the TT wheels on but from the threads on larger wheels it would seem to me to be possible, perhaps with the aid of some spacers or some kind of adapter, to get these larger wheels to fit.

Anyone help here?[11]

Hi there John. Welcome to the forum.

These 18" TT alloys have been discussed a few times. As have 18" rims in general.
If you do a search for TT in the Wheels&Tyres subforum (this one) and check the box for 'Archived posts' you will get a load of posts related to the TT and large rims.
Here's one I've lifted out for you:

http://www.a2forum.net/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2847&SearchTerms=tt

I trust jon.od in that post since I know that he seriously looked at large wheels. And he settled for 17" because 18" is just a bit over the top and it just takes too much effort, aggravation and money...for very little extra.

So not a definite 'no' here (you can always use spacers and/or modify the arches ;)). But read some of the threads you find in the archive and decide for yourself.

HTH,
Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back